Pages

Saturday, 9 May 2015

Up the Garden Path

Hi everyone, sorry I've been missing for a while but I've been feeling a bit under the weather the past week or so. Blogging has taken a bit of a back seat while I've been curled up keeping warm trying to get rid of these nasty germs.

It's my Dads younger sisters 93rd birthday tomorrow and this is the card I made for him to give her. Just like my Dad she's a keen gardener so I decided to make a garden scene using a LOTV image from the 'garden delights' art pad which I cut with a circle nesting die. The card base is 8 inch, the papers are Dovecraft and Paper Cellar and the fence is a Die-namics die cut from a snippet of kraft card. Then came the hard part for me... I'm not very good with flowers and usually only add 2 or 3 but I've managed 12 of differing sizes for this 'garden' and as no garden is complete without wildlife I added a Cheery Lynn die butterfly with a swirly pearl flourish trail. I finished it off by adding a computer printed sentiment.




I shall enter this in the following challenges

Allsorts challenge 'die-cuts, more than 2' (I hope nesting dies count)
Creative Inspirations challenge 'birthday bonanza'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'anything goes'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets' (for the die-cuts)
Country View challenge 'simply scenic'
Crafting Musketeers challenge 'use a die cut'
Crafty Calender challenge 'things with wings'
Card Mania challenge 'pearls and swirls'
Our Creative Corner challenge 'April showers bring May flowers'
Fussy and Fancy Friday challenge 'lots of flowers'

Thanks for popping by today and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend. I'll be round to catch up with you over the next couple of days.

20 comments:

  1. I think your Aunt will love this Andrea, it's very pretty and you can't beat floral's.

    Hope you feel better soon and thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card and perfect for a keen gardener.

    Hope you're feeling better.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Andrea. I love the image and pretty flowers.
    Hope you feel better soon and have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design Andrea, so very pretty, love the papers and the sweet image, fabulous card for someone who loves their garden .
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love all the flowers and the little fence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrea, this is beautiful.....perfect for a keen gardener & the flowers are so pretty! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card for your dear dad's sister, with the most gorgeous colours and added goodies. I do hope you are feeling much better now, I did wonder if you were okay.xxx Hope you had a lovely day for mother's day.xx {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card, Andrea, will bring a smile of delight I am very sure, love the LOTV image..

    Have some somewhere hiding in that special place with my stickeroos, you know - the one where you thought you would remember at the time, and now can't think of it at al or see them no matter how hard you try looking!!!
    Get well quickly .... Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this really is perfection for your Aunt Andrea! So tactile and very, very pretty with the garden scene and all the lovely flowers with the fence dividing them. And I think you also did a lovely pearl butterfly trail. I need to take another look :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card ! Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea, so sorry to hear you've been not feeling tiptop, and hope you are well on the mend by now. Congratulations to your sweet Aunt, for reaching such an impressive birthday. She will love this marvelous LOTV gardening scene, as it is so bright & cheery, with things all gardeners enjoy. Your design using the LOTV image is so pretty, and I loved all the dies & beautiful flowers you added to make it even more spectacular. I don't do many roses either (too hard to send through the mail, plus I don't make them very well either!) These are lovely, and such a nice addition that any gardener will appreciate. Love the soft pink touching the tips of the yellow roses...it's very eye catching with the dual colors on the flowers. TFS & Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Kanda,
    This is a delightful card, and a sweet scene.
    Thank you for joining us this month at Country View Cards.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing card for such a wonderful occasion, KandA :) I bet your Aunt loved this :) Thank you so much for bringing this to my April Showers Bring May Flowers challenge at Our Creative Corner this month! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous card, lovely garden scene. Just perfect for my theme.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, wishing you good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so gorgeous - beautiful image and super pretty detailing.Thanks for playing along at PTW this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fantastic card hun, such a beautiful image! Thanks for joining in with the Birthday celebrations at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So so... lovely Birthday card!! Colours and image are just adorable!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Creative Inspirations!
    Hugs, Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for joining Crafting Muskateers Challenge this month.
    I loved visiting, and this make is just beautiful.
    Don’t forget to join us again next month at http://craftingmusketeers.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Crafting Muskateers DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month
    Hugs
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.