Pages

Thursday, 14 May 2015

Fluttering By 'Jaggedly'

I woke up about 3am this morning and after trying to drop back off to sleep I finally gave up and at 5.30 am got up and made myself a cuppa.  Then I got to thinking about Mrs A's butterfly challenge and her 'J for jagged' which is definitely a challenge for me. It was at this point I ended up getting out some papers and started ripping, and in my sleep deprived state I thought I'd achieved the right effect so carried on to make this card.

The paper is Prima 'fairy belle' collection which has been duly 'jagged' and distress inked on the edges. The sentiment is Penny Black which I cut with a Tickled Pink die and the other dies I used are Marianne circlet and Cheery Lynn butterfly. The flowers are Hunkydory and the pearls, gems and lace are all from my stash.



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Butterfly challenge 'butterfly + J for jagged'
Time Out challenge 'grunge'
Allsorts challenge 'more than 2 die-cuts' (my 2nd entry)
Creative Inspirations challenge 'shabby chic'
Cute Card Thursday challenge 'lovely lace'
Scrap & Craft challenge 'lace and pearls'

So that's it from me for now. Off to watch a bit of TV then an early night as lack of sleep has definitely got the better of me. Gone are the days of my youth when I could manage with a couple of hours sleep after a night out and then manage to get to work on time the next day (no sickies allowed!)

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That´s quite a mix of papers, stamps and dies, but don´t they go together well?! I think jagged edges were a challenge for most of us, but you got it just fine, even though you should have been sleeping. A lovely card. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed this challenge, no need for those worries. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it's not just me then Andrea, amazing how much you can get done that time of morning (like this morning sitting blogging at 6am).

    I think you have filled the brief beautifully and created a lovely vintage feel to your pretty card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again Andrea, obviously a down side to blogging so early, yo forget thins like thanking you for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crafting is a good way to spend the wee hours of the morning when you can't sleep! And youmhabe worked wonders here! I like the grinhe look with the touch of feminine. Great take on our challenge. Thanks for joinng TO

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card - I found this a challenging challenge too!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous,lovely design .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty Andrea, a lovely design
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Andrea, such pretty papers and flowers - it has a lovely vintage feel.
    I hope you manage a good nights sleep tonight.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well the early bird certainly caught the worm as the result here is gorgeous. Love the colours and the torn edges are perfect. I do hope you didn't use the bread knife like Kath. Iv'e been having the vapers ever since reading her entry.LOl. Thank you for fluttering by ever so early for #30. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty, lovely layout and papers. Thank you for coming over to play with us at Scrap & Craft. Good luck! Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the patterns and elements you have combined on this elegant card! I hope you have caught up on your sleep! Thanks for playing along at Time Out :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that circle die! This card is fabulous! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.