Pages

Saturday, 18 April 2015

Words and Flowers

Afternoon to you all, hope you're having a great weekend.

I've been having a problem trying to get myself motivated just lately so this morning I decided to have another mini clearout of the crafty cupboard to use up some more of my very old stash. I came across some papers - Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady - which were a magazine freeebie and these will be my next 'use it all up' project.

I cut down one of the sheets and stamped it with a Penny Black sentiment before matting onto card and sticking to a hammered effect base card. Then with the addition of a Cheery Lynn die-cut butterfly and a couple of pearls I had my first finished card. It took me all of 10 minutes and so I went on to make another with the leftover snippet of paper which I'll be back with tomorrow.



I made this for the following challenges

Allsorts challenge 'quick and simple does it'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'words, words, words'
Curtain Call challenge 'inspiration photo - bouquet' (although mine is a garden bouquet with red and purple flowers)
Scribble and Scrap challenge 'anything goes'

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and colour combo and of course the Poppies are a hit with me. Apols for the no show all week, taking longer to get over the op that I expected.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card - I think I still have some of those paper left so may CASE your card!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Andrea, such a gorgeous flowers!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card Andrea, you are doing really well using up your stash.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Andrea, very pretty
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and beautiful card, love it!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful flowers and card. Thank you for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wouldn't gave believed it o ky took ten minutes, it's lovely. Thanks for entering the Scribble and Scrap challenge, good luck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.