Pages

Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Pink and Shapely

A couple more days and we'll be in to May. I think I blinked and missed April and I'm still running around trying to catch up with myself.

So without further ado here's a card I made trying a different (for me) shape. I have seen quite a few tri-fold cards around on blogs just lately and decided to have a go at one. I know you can buy dies that will cut and crease the card but I've made mine by hand. I used a full A4 sheet of card so when folded I end up with a tall thin card and the papers are leftover Snippets of Hunkydory sheets. The stamp is Penny Black 'scripted blooms' which I dusted with pink chalk and added pink Stickles to the blooms. The word stamp is also Penny Black (fast becoming a favourite of mine) and I added ribbon, gems and a butterfly from my stash.



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Stamping Sensations challenge 'pretty in pink'
Penny Black and More challenge 'birthdays' (my 2nd entry)
The Artistic Stamper challenge 'flora and fauna'
In The pink challenge 'make it sparkle'
Deep Ocean challenge 'shaped card'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets' (my 2nd entry)
Papertake Weekly challenge 'take your pick' (I went for the theme - quote stamp)
Allsorts challenge 'bring on the bling'
Creative Card Crew challenge 'fancy folds'
Digi Design challenge 'fun / fancy folds'
My Craft Creations challenge 'anything goes'
Crafting From The Heart challenge 'always anything goes'

I am busy at the moment getting some cards made ready for my aunts birthday but will pop round to visit as soon as I can. Till then, thanks for popping by and I hope you all have a good week.

14 comments:

  1. Well done on making the shutter card by hand Andrea, it takes a lot of patience, but so worth all the effort. I am still making my steppers by hand as stocks ran out before TL sent mine, but had a call today and they are coming back in stock so will be on their was to me shortly.

    You have decorated this one beautifully, the flowers down the leading edge compliment those of the PB image and the bow and butterfly finish it off perfectly.

    Thanks so much for joining in at Penny Black and More, Stamping Sensations and Allsorts challenge - phew......

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....Lovely design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooo... I love this! I have never successfully made a card like this before so I am very impressed. Looks beautiful with gentle colours and sentiment. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting from the Heart. Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design Andrea, I love how you've done this one, lovely work!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - that's a beauty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous Andrea - so very pretty. I'm very impressed that you made your own card blank, I have to confess that I normally buy mine already cut and scored. Top marks!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous, what a beautiful image and card design! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at In the Pink!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Great card design!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I love the tri shutter design and the pretty papers you've used. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, Penny Black & More and Allsorts challenges good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Andrea, a fabulous design and pretty papers and details - a beautiful card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!! I love making cards that are different. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Vicki DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your shutter card is beautiful Andrea.I always struggle with this type of card as I run out of ideas of what to put on al the little pockets of the card. You have managed it perfectly.
    Thank you for joining us this month at Penny Black and More and we hope you will join us for our May challenge.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.