Pages

Sunday, 26 April 2015

Fluttering by with Lace

Hi and a very big welcome to my new follower Sandy of Simply Sandy. Thanks for popping by.

I've been having a crafty day today - most of which was just playing and trying out new ideas to use up my old stash. So here is my first play using a couple more of those 'country diary of an Edwardian lady' papers. From an old cardboard box I cut a square and covered with the first sheet. Then I cut a frame which I covered with the second sheet and stuck to the square (carefully matching up the papers). I added the verse using an IndigoBlu stamp, then decorated the frame using a Hunkydory butterfly, some gems and my last little snippet of white lace (just enough to go round each corner).

Must admit for a first attempt I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.




I shall enter this in the following challenges

Butterfly challenge 'butterflies + L is for lace'
Pixie's Snippets Playground 'use snippets'
Scribble and Scrap challenge 'always anything goes'
My Craft Creations 'anything goes'

I'm off now to tidy up my mess and I'll be round to catch up with you all later. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

12 comments:

  1. It`s beautiful and such a great idea. Thank you for joining in with us at Scribble & Scrap Challenge and good luck. Chris DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful Faux picture frame. I love the paper design and how well you have matched the opening up. Thankyou for fluttering by #29. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Andrea,

    I'm trying to play catch up and typically Bloggers on one at the moment and not showing photos so just seen the thumbnail on my reading list, but looks like another beauty from there and I spy Poppies.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how gorgeous Andrea! I love the faux frame and of course poppies are always so lovely - wonderful matching there too!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Andrea, I love the way you have matched the papers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea Andrea and what a lovely job you've made of it, I love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW! What a gorgeous project. I love the papers you've used, I think I might have some of these tucked away somewhere. You've given me the inspiration to dig them out!
    Liz - Butterfly Challenge #29 - Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you did a wonderful job matching those papers! I love the Edwardian Lady images, especially those including poppies. Well done on a beautiful project. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very pretty Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful creation-gorgeous!
    Best wishes,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, the paper you used is so pretty and and you did a great job with matching up.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really lovely! Great altered frame X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.