Pages

Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Something Completely Different

When is a candle not a candle? - when it's made from paper!.... No I haven't gone totally bonkers (well not quite). A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to win a mixed media substrate pack on a blog hop over at Craft Stamper and in it was a wooden candlestick measuring about 3 inches tall so I thought it was time to get my imagination working and do something with it. Now this is my first attempt at anything like this and all my crafty stash is more for paperwork so this is a rather simple creation.

First of all I got a small ink pad (Color Box pigment brush pad - Heliotrope) and inked straight on to the candlestick, using a foam make-up pad to get in the awkward bits. I left it to dry and then added a couple of flowers and some pearl stamens with Glossy Accents. So now I needed a candle and here's where I had to improvise. My candle is made by rolling a strip of paper around a string 'wick' until it was the right fit for the candlestick. I fnished it off by stamping the scroll pattern with an IndigoBlu stamp and the same Color Box ink.





I shall enter this in the following challenges -

Craft Stamper Take It Make It challenge 'take a stamp' (my 2nd entry)
As You Like It challenge 'favourite type of stamp rubber or digi and why' (my 2nd entry) rubber stamps as they are perfect for non flat projects
Allsorts challenge 'flowers and pearls' (my 2nd entry) hope this is allowed
Addicted To Stamps and More challenge 'anything goes'

Thanks for popping by and if you're interested in my Joanna Sheen gift voucher candy please click to see the post here

13 comments:

  1. How very creative Andrea and such beautiful shades of lilac and purple. Perfect for our theme at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this really is creative and turned out stunning. This is going to make a wonderful and very special gift...unless you want to keep it all to yourself, and why not! Thanks for joinig is at Atsm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is so adorable Andrea, fabulous idea and lovely work!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely altering Andrea, beautiful colours.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts "Flowers and Pearls";-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Andrea, such a great idea and lovely colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how your imagination works - this is perfect! Thanks for playing
    with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW O WOW just love love love this and your imagination is very artistic...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! so so elegant and unique
    Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATSM challenge
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous creation! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! How creative is this ...... love how you made the candle! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous project! I love the colour and your candle is just lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.