Pages

Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Fluttering by with Patterned Paper

If you're looking for my candy please check out the sticky post at the top of my blog or click here

I'm here with my card for Mrs A's Butterfly challenge. This fortnight we have the letter P for patterned paper + butterflies and I decided to try a new (for me) technique called camouflaged die-cuts. I saw this card over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop and it stuck in my mind as something to try so I went off and purchased some sticky sheets which I forgot all about sticking to the snippets of white card before cutting the Cheery Lynn butterfly layers! Luckily I remembered to add it to the LOTV patterned paper before cutting. I used a Marianne die to cut both edges of a strip of white card and added a snippet of the patterned paper along the middle with a sentiment, flowers and gems from my stash.




Thanks for popping by and please check out my candy before you leave.

9 comments:

  1. A total hit with me Andrea, love Butterflies and all those pretty colours and the border is very effective as well.

    Afraid I've not joined the Butterfly challenge foe a few weeks, everything I do craft wise seems to be engineered by C&C at the moment but I am hoping for some 'me' craft time this weekend with all my commitments done for a few days.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Andrea, lovely papers and fabulous design - a brilliant technique, I will have to give it a go.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Andrea, love the paper and the butterflies, gorgeous!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. A total show stopper as in real life that is what the butterfly does to camouflage itself amongst the flowers. Beautifully executed. I love the paper you have used and those gorgeous flowers.
    Thnkyou for fluttering by #26. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is a beautiful card, gorgeous colours and I love how you set the butterflies on the paper that way. Andree (Guest Designer Butterfly Challenge #26)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning colours, added goodies and most beautiful creation.xx
    Have a lovely day
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has such a lovely look. Very delicate and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so fresh and springy, love the dp and the great design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So pretty KandA. Love this. Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.