Pages

Monday, 16 March 2015

Elephants Never Forget.....

......which would make the Clearly Besotted stamp I've used on this card perfect for birthdays even though the set is called 'baby shower'. I stamped the elephant, cut it using the matching die then fixed it to a hammered effect card base with glue dots and I positioned the gold peel-off sentiments to look as though the nelliephant is spraying the 'happy birthdays'. Finally I wrapped a piece of ribbon around the card and added a die-cut star with peel-off '2u' (and as I hadn't got any peel-off letters I cheated and cut a 0 in half).


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Cuttlebug 2nd anniversary challenge 'festive project with a number 2'
Simon Says Monday challenge 'lions and lambs'
As You Like It challenge 'favourite type of stamp - rubber or digi - and why' (mine has to be rubber as they are great for when you want to use up smaller pieces of card or print awkward shapes)
Craft Stamper Take It Make It challenge 'anything goes with a stamp'

and seeing as I used snippets of card for the die-cuts I shall head over to Pixie's Snippets Playground to let this Nellie run amok.
 

Thanks for popping by and I'll be back this evening with my candy post.

12 comments:

  1. Ha, ha - I wondered what all the commotion was in the Playground :) Brilliant card Andrea and how clever of you to use the number 0 cut in half for a U. Bit of lateral thinking there :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card Andrea, I love the way you have arranged the sentiment - great idea.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree A|ndrea, it's perfect for a Birthday, our youngest granddaughter would adore it as she love Ellies.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet Andrea, love how you have done the sentiment, lovely work!
    hugs jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Andrea, so sweet.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card and a brilliant idea to cut your 0 to make a U!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute card, love your elephant.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI Challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card, love the cas style and adorable image. Thanks for sharing on AYLI. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cute and CAS and fun card.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card! The sentiment is such a fun touch. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. That elephant is adorable. Thank you for playing along with us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.