Pages

Sunday, 8 March 2015

Butterfly and Hexagonal Snippets

Good Morning to you all. I'm here with my card for Mrs A's butterfly challenge and I'll also be popping along to the playground with this one too.

The required H for hexagon had me stumped for a while until I remembered I had some Xcut nesting dies, so using the smallest of the set I cut some hexagons from snippets of Hobby House papers. It was just a case of moving the Hunkydory butterfly and hexagon shapes around on the linen effect base card until it looked okay (although you may be able to spot the mistake I made when sticking them). The sentiment is a Clearly Besotted stamp and to finish I added a pearl flourish from the Ribbon Girl.


I shall enter this in the following challenges

Butterfly challenge 'butterfly + H is for hexagons'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'
Creative Card Crew challenge 'green'
Cuttlebug Mania challenge 'green with envy' (Xcut dies + Grand Calibur)
Papertake Weekly challenge 'anything goes' (my 3rd entry)
Sister Act Card challenge 'anything goes'

Thanks for popping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend. My plan for today is to do some housework or maybe just get crafty - but knowing how the days fly by I'll probably get absolutely nothing done!

14 comments:

  1. I think this card is beautiful. Over and over again I try to play around with hexagons and they always look lost on the card to me, but your placement of them and the butterfly is just lovely. I can't see any mistake even if I enlarge the photo, so great job. I will be casing this layout for sure. Thanks a bunch for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card and I love your layout. I spotted the mistake but only because you said there was one and I looked for it!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Andrea, you hexagons look perfect to me and your butterfly is lovely - such a pretty card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Kath, ony found the mistake cos I looked for it. Love the layout and the colours. Pretty butterfly and love the sparkle trail. Thankyou for fluttering by my # 25. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo, lovely card Andrea! Super positioning of everything - and I only spotted the mistake 'cos you said. Took me a bit of peering - that's my Miss Marple stint for the day :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Andrea, fabulous butterfly!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and delicate. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the simple design. Hexagons are a favorite of mine and love you arrangement. Thanks for playing along with us @ Cuttlebug Maina.
    Blessings,
    Belinda DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this beautiful card, the soft green colour is lovely and so is the butterfly, and I like the pearl trail.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and I LOVE that grey/green colour you used. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so very pretty. I love these colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeep! Be still my heart! Andrea, this is now my new favorite card of yours! The design and patterns and monochrome coloring make this snippets card sing!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your CAS card, it is simply gorgeous!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Cuttlebug Mania!

    Cuttlebugs & Hugs
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, I love the colours and mistakes are only opportunities to be different

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebig Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.