Pages

Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Valentine's Heart

Last year on a whim I bought some paper (or is it papier) mache boxes and they've been sat in the cupboard staring at me ever since. Well, as one is a heart shape and Valentine's day is just around the corner I thought it was time to do something with it.

I covered it with paper from the Prima 'Fairy Belle' collection and added some lace to the box base. To decorate the lid I used my Poppystamps die 'fairy flower' which I think looks so delicate and all the rest is from my stash - roses, pearl stamens, pearl hearts and a butterfly.

Must admit that I'm quite pleased with my little play and I guess I should get on with decorating the other little boxes I have.





I shall enter this in the following challenges - 
Allsorts challenge 'flower power'
The ABC challenge 'C is for cupid'
Butterfly challenge 'butterflies + V is for valentines'
Simon Says Monday challenge 'H is for....' I went for hearts

Thanks for popping by today and I'd love it if you would leave a comment. Also if you have any tips for decorating paper mache boxes other than using papers I'd love to hear them.

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received a decorated heart shaped box (store bought- not hand made) and it did not look anywhere as nice or pretty as yours. Your did an amazing job with this box. I think you should get the others out of the closet and make some more beautiful creations to share with all of us. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kanda - this is just beautiful! I love it.

    You can enter it over at Cuttlebug Mania if you used a manual die cutting machine for the die :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous! The things that you've chosen to decorate the box go so well together. I've got some of these little boxes at the back of my cupboard too. You've given me the inspirations to do something with them!
    Liz - Butterfly Chalenge #23, Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Kanda, a lovely project
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully decorated box, so pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Andrea, such pretty papers and lovely details - can't wait to see the rest of them decorated.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kanda,
    Very sweet box; glad you put it to use and entered it into LLC's heart challenge. Thanks for linking up!

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW - that is one GORGEOUS Valentine's Day gift box. Top marks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fantastic creative inspiration! I love the way how you transform this box to beautiful gem! Thank you for joining in Poppystamps 'My Love' Challenge. Zuzana Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just so pretty. The butterfly finishes the box off perfectly and love the colours. Thankyou for fluttering by #23. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a very pretty and romantic creation Andrea.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet and charming Victorian heart box. Lovely embellishments and design. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! What a very prettily decorated box, perfect for a valentine gift.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful!! It is perfect for the Valentine chocolates!! Thanks for playing with us at the Poppystamps Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Waw this is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very pretty box. I agree with Yoosun, perfect for chocolate and then treasures when they are gone....Thanks for entering the Poppystamps Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful box!
    Thank you for sharing and joining us at ABC Challenge!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.