Pages

Monday, 23 February 2015

Stencil and Stamp

Hi everyone. I'm here today with an experimental card I made. I wanted to do something a bit cheerful so I got out some of my NBUS (which for those who haven't come across Darnell's terminology means Never-Before-Used-Schtuff).

I stamped Clearly Besotted 'brushed poppies' with Memento inks and then I went to cut it down to fit a 4x6 inch card and that was where I made a BIG mistake.... I am so used to using my Woodware paper cutter but the new blade I got for it will not cut anywhere near straight so I got out my new Fiskars cutter which cuts in the middle of the plastic strip and not on the edge, and as you probably guessed I cut straight throught the poppies!! This is when I thought I would just mask off the poppies and try the Memory Box 'mesh' stencil out. I liked the result so instead of starting again I decided to go with the 'off the page' look. Next I was going to use a white card base but then I found this orangey yellow card in my stash which really made the whole thing 'zing'.



I shall enter this in the following challenges -

Craft Stamper Take It Make It challenge 'stencilling'
Penny Black and More challenge 'anything goes except a digi'
Stamping Sensations challenge 'anything goes'
Addicted to Stamps challenge 'make your mark'
Addicted to CAS challenge 'mask'
Card Mania challenge 'add some red'
Crafting From the Heart challenge 'anything goes'
Lisa.B.Designs monthly challenge 'inked background techniques'
Simon Says Monday challenge 'no rules'
Top Tip Tuesday challenge 'rubber stamps only'



25 comments:

  1. Hi Kanda, this was what Carolyn Dube would call an 'oops' - an Outstanding Opportunity Presenting Suddenly! I think it's a gorgeous card, the offset poppies are lovely & the zingy orange card really highlights the stencilling. Thanks for joining the Lisa B designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I would call a happy accident! I love the 'off the edge' look of the poppies and grerat job with the stenciling too ....... Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone can put their total poppies on the page, but it takes a special talent to use the "off the page look" as you did here. LOL I think this card came out lovely. Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card - definitely not a BIG mistake but a HAPPY accident!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your card Kanda ! Great effect and I have also become your latest blog follower !

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Andrea. Love the background and pretty flowers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! The burlap stencil looks fab and the bright flower against it looks fantastic. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That certainly was a 'happy accident' Andrea, your card is beautiful and the poppies look perfect - I love your stenciled background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a happy accident is there, Andrea? This turned out beautifully! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow - that was such a lucky accident Andrea - so effective! Beautiful poppies and a lovely card.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup, off the page looks fine! Thanks so much for playing at Craft Stamper Take It Make It.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pretty card:) Thank you so much for joining us this week at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, A lovely project, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this week. Crafting From The Heart Good luck. We would love to see you again next week.
    Hugs Erin DT & Co Owner xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally stunning Andrea! Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card thanks for sharing at Crafting from the Heart good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a fantastic card, love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you could fix your mistake! The poppies are gorgeous and I am in love with the background you did! Great color choice for your card base too. Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great CAS style, love the flowers. Thank you so much for sharing your work at TTT this time.
    hugs Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card in CAS style. Love it!
    Thank you for playing with us at Craft Stamper Take it, Make It challenge. Hoping to see you with us again in March!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The poppies are beautiful against that masked background. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think it's a great save and I really LOVE that inked grid for the background. The off the page poppy looks FAB.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. CONGRATS on your win with this card over at Penny Black and More! Way to go! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.