Pages

Thursday, 12 February 2015

CAS Wedding

I had been struggling to come up with an idea for a CAS pink + grey card so decided to start on a LOTV + charm card and when I was looking through my LOTV toppers I found this wedding one with pink + grey. I do prefer making CAS style cards but this is still a bit different for me as it is a very CAS wedding card without a bow, flower or pearl in sight and I even resisted the temptation to add some Stickles. I would be really interested to know what you think of it as I haven't quite made my mind up.

The only grey item I had in my stash apart from Memento ink was this snippet of ribbon (that had originally meant to hold a top in place on a coat hanger - I always cut those out and store them in my ribbon box just in case) It is a bit darker than I would have liked but at least it matches the grooms hat band. I used Xcut nesting dies to cut and layer the image and found a snippet of pink spotty paper which needed no trimming. The Clearly Besotted sentiment was stamped in grey ink and the only embellishment is the little heart charm.


I shall enter this in the following challenges

Less Is More challenge 'pink and grey'
The Ribbon Girl challenge 'LOTV + it's charming'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets' (my 3rd entry - gotta reduce my snippets pile)
As You Like It challenge 'favourite CAS or fussy'
Die Cut Divas challenge 'words, quotes and sentiments'


15 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Andrea, your little strip of spotty paper and ribbon are all that are needed with this beautiful image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Andrea! LOTV images are always lovely and this one lends itself to the CAS look so well.

    It also qualifies for Cuttlebug Mania's current challenge, which is 'I heart you' :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful - the grey ribbon is perfect with the bright pink spotty paper and the heart charm is a great addition. Such a gorgeous image too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous CAS card, love the little charm, so pretty
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous cas wedding card.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it came out gorgeous. I love the image and that ribbon and charm really stand out nicely against the pink polka dot paper. It is a winner in my book. Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always keep those bits of ribbon too and very handy they have proved to be. I love how you have kept to the CAS look with this lovely card. Nothing else needed . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats very pretty Andrea, the pink spotty makes the image pop out - lovely. Thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Lovely Lili Challenge - best of luck! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, I should think the recipients will be thrilled

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty image... and your card looks lovely.
    It's difficult to find cardstock to match the colour of ready made toppers sometimes, I always think there is a feeling of unity when they do.
    I always snip those ribbons from sweaters too... this one is perfect!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and great use of our colour combo.
    Yes I'm another one for snipping the ribbons in clothing and getting friends and relatives to do the same for me ... I end up swamped with black and white mainly!!!
    Thanks for playing along with our 4th birthday challenge this week
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely LOVE the image and everything about your card. Not too CAS. Just really striking.

    So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a way to showcase that image, fantastic card. Thanks for joining us for Diecut Divas Words, Sentiments and Quotes Challenge. Cathie DT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card! thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.