Pages

Thursday, 1 January 2015

CAS Christmas with my NBUS

Is it me or did last year pass you by in a flash as well? I suppose it didn't help that I've not been feeling well since the summer and I'm still waiting on more tests and hospital appointments. Still I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 2015 is a better year.

Now a lot of you know the lovely Darnell of djkardkreations and for those of you who don't then you should head over to her blog as it is always very entertaining... but back to the point - she is hosting another of her fabulous NBUS challenges where she challenges you to use your 'never-before-used-schtuff' which I'm certain we are all guilty of having


For my card I went very CAS as I really am having problems getting my brain into gear!! (okay so what's new you ask)
Last October when I realised I hadn't got any Clearly Besotted christmas stamps I treated myself to the super 'Rockin Robin' set with the matching dies and as you may guess I never got around to using them, so this is also my first christmas card for 2015. I stamped and die-cut the robins and attached them straight onto a card blank with sticky pads. then I embossed a couple of lines above and below them and used the sentiment from the same set. This is definitely the 'I need a load of cards in a hurry' design and I think it would probably work better on a smaller card rather than 6 inch square.


So as well as Darnells' NBUS challenge I shall also head over with another entry to Pixies Snippets Playground where you have to use up some of your 'hoarded' snippets (the robins are snippets of card)

The other challenges I'm entering are
CAS on Sunday 'christmas'
Country View Crafts 'use something new to you - a craft product or technique'
Simon Says Wednesday 'anything goes'

Thanks for taking the time to visit and for all your comments and encouragement. I really do appreciate it.

12 comments:

  1. This is just my kind of card. I love the scoring which helps to headline your little precious robins. Terrific start for this year. Hooray for you! I need to start my cards for next Christmas now or I'll end up with store bought cards again like this year. I know that's YUCKY!!! Happy New Year Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute robins and well done for getting started so early!
    Hope you start to feel 100% soon and Happy New Year to you.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous CAS card Andrea, I love these Clearly Besotted robins and you have made a wonderful card with them.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How tweet they look. Definitely having a party and enjoying themselves . Happy New Year . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these robins are so stinkin' cute, Andrea! I can see why you had to have them and I'm so happy that my little challenge encouraged you to get them out and make this sweet card - not to mention already starting your stash for Christmas 2015!! The scoring is a fab idea to frame them. Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge #3!! I truly hope you get some answers and some treatment so that you are 100% soon and enjoy the rest of the new year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable Andrea! What cute little robins and a card with real impact. Of course it's eligible for the Playground, a snippet is a snippet! My card for Sunday uses snippets which are actually hidden! :)

    Happy New Year and hope you feel better soon!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute robins, great colouring! Sweet card. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww...this is so fun and sweet! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - love the adorable images.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great card really love it. Thank you for playing along with us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet Christmas card. I do like those Rockin' Robins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little robins are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.