Pages

Saturday, 24 January 2015

Butterfly Box

I can't believe that there's only another week to go and January will be over - this year seems to be flying by quicker than ever and I'm getting nothing done !!

I did make a promise to myself at the start of the year to motivate myself to regularly join in a few challenges and one of those was Mrs A's butterfly challenge. I managed to catch a flutterby that was hovering on the table but I had to search through all the boxes in my cupboard to find the required brad (now added to my shopping list) then after a day trying to come up with a card design I spotted the super little boxes Mrs A had posted on her blog (thanks for the inspiration). I made a lot of these little boxes the other year for charity fundraising and apparently they all sold quickly so now I'm making some more.

For this I used a 6 inch paper from my collection of loose sheets (not sure who by) and a white piece for the box base. Then I decorated with pearls, flowers with a pearl brad centre, ribbon and a Hunkydory butterfly.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Butterfly challenge 'butterflies + B is for brads'
Curtain Call challenge 'soft scarf - photo inspiration'
Buckwell's Crafty challenge 'anything goes'
Creative Inspirations challenge 'pretty pearls' my 2nd entry

Thanks for popping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty. Love the colour of the paper you have used for the box and the lovely pink flower. What a gorgeous brad too. Perfect size for a butterfly to land on. Thankyou for fluttering by #22.
    hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an dorable box. I loved how you coloured the butterfly. Thank you for sharing with us at The Butterfly Challenge. - Myrna Challenge #22 Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely box and box decore. You have used the colours wonderfully. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful box Andrea, a gorgeous butterfly and pretty flower.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely decorated box. Just beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty box Kanda. Love the butterfly and the pretty bloom. The brads/pearls look perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty gift box and that butterfly is beautiful..Thank you for joining us at Buckwells Crafty Challenge and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how pretty! Thank you for playing along at Buckwells Crafty Challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.