Pages

Thursday, 18 December 2014

Winter Wonderland

Only another week to go and the over-indulgence day will be upon us. Hope you're all prepared, but if not my motto is you can always try again next year.

Before I get on with my card I see that another shop is closing due to the new EU VAT rules -  this time it is Sylvia Zet and the Wee digi-stamps - but hopefully only temporarily. You can read about it on her blog here and also she is giving a 10% discount in case you want to add some more digis to your collection (which of course I did).

So onto my card - I decided to do something a bit different for me and have a play with stencilling. This is 'garden birch landscape' from Memory Box which I cut to a square and matted onto some blue card. I ripped a strip of card for the snow and the cute little bambi which I coloured with Promarkers is from Wild Rose Studio. A large amount of Stickles was addded to the tree branches and snowy ground and after adding the Tattered Lace snowflake with a gem centre I attached the 'winter scene' to a hammered card base.


There is a lot more glitter than shows in the photo and also the 'snow' is a lot whiter.

I shall enter this in the following challenges -
Stamping Sensations challenge 'winter wonderland'
Magnolia-licious challenge 'anything goes with a magnolia, Wee or Wild Rose Studio image'
Creative Card Crew challenge 'anything goes'
Creative Inspirations challenge 'christmas / new year'
I Love Promarkers challenge 'anything goes'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'last christmas card of the year'
Passion For Promarkers challenge 'bingo' (die-cut / free / glitter)
Dream Valley challenge 'christmas'
Loves Rubber Stamps challenge 'anything goes'
Simon Says Monday challenge 'anything goes'
Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'winter inspiration' (inspired by the trees, snowflakes, frost, deer and bird)
Through the Craft Room Door challenge 'anything goes'
Divas By Design challenge 'anything goes'
Noor Design challenge 'merry christmas' ~ this is their first challenge
Deep Ocean challenge 'christmas is all around'

Wow that's quite a few challenges - I'm pretty certain there are no restrictions on the number of challenge combinations but if I'm wrong please let me know and I'll sort it. Thanks for popping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

18 comments:

  1. This is just adorable. I love that image and you did a fantastic job with the stenciling. Sweet card. Thanks for the info on the store closing. That makes me sad to hear that people have to give up their business. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card Andrea, I love your stenciled background and adorable image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why doesn't a camera show glitter it's so annoying you put so much on a card and it doesn't show up oh well your card is soooooo sweet lobe the stenciling and that cute image and you can see some glitter (you should my floors they sparkle but not in a clean way if you get me hahaha)
    Have a lovely Christmas and new year
    Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet, your background is fantastic too !! Lovely, I see you are also joining Loves Rubberstamps Holiday Blitz. Andrea best wishes for Christmas,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card! Such a sweet scene! Thanks so much for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet image and what a gorgeous backing, all so pretty..
    Thanks for sharing with us at I love promarkers this week...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet Christmas card Andrea (yep I am running well late this month).

    Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card, Andrea! Great stencilled background and adorable image! Thanks for playing along with our Mega Christmas Challenge at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great winter card - so cute! Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Andrea, loce that cute little Bambi.
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra
    DT TTCRD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw - reminds me of Bambi!! What a sweet card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and I hope you have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this is adorable, I love the background! thank you for joining us at creative inspirations xx happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a super cute creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations and we wish you a Merry Christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is so cute!!! I'm now following your blog. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, love the blue trees and the perfect image for the scene. Thanks for joining us at Noor!DesignUK.

    Hugs

    Tracy

    Onwer Noor!DesignUK

    Noor!DesignUK Blog

    Crafteezee Blog




    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Andrea. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Good luck and Happy New Year! Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Andrea,
    This is so sweet, such an adorable image & I love the stencilled trees with a touch of sparkle. Thanks for joining in the Mega Xmas challenge at Passion For Pomarkers.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Howdy Andrea,

    What a sweet card! It is perfect for this time of year. The scene you created is really nice and your image works perfectly with the background elements. Thanks for playing along with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!

    XO,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.