Pages

Saturday, 13 December 2014

More Christmas Nostalgia

Well the days are certainly passing by quickly and christmas day will be here before we know it.
I've been busy making up some decoupage images from the Joanna Sheen Giordano christmas collection and the one I've used on this card reminds so much of the fabulous Santas' Grotto my mom used to take me to when I was a child. It was at the Co-op store and there was always a very long queue of children waiting to see a very 'real' Santa who was taking a bit of time off from his very busy work at the North Pole to check that the boys and girls had been good.
The journey through his Grotto was wonderful. It was a windy path and on each side were several of the most amazing scenes of elves working hard away at making toys and winter scenes with the reindeer. The figures were all mechanical and there were lights in the windows and music and sounds - it really was magical and you just wanted to stay there...

...but back to my card, the paper is from my pile of loose sheets and I just added a gold peel-off poinsettia and a sentiment.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Country View challenge 'nostalgic christmas' (my 2nd entry)
Winter Wonderland challenge 'christmas presents'
Divas By Design challenge 'seeing red'

Thanks for popping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

5 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous Christmas card Andrea, such a jolly image - it certainly takes you back to your childhood doesn't it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap on those memories Andrea, nostalgia can be good and your card is lovely.

    Have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, so very feswtive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's me again lol, another fabulous card Andrea. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.