Pages

Monday, 22 December 2014

Christmas Cheer

Just popping by with a quick post to show you that I'm really getting into the christmas 'spirit'. A bottle of wine is an ideal gift for most people I know and with the addition of a few homemade mulling spice bags gives it that personal touch. I decorated up a kraft box with some of my loose papers and a length of ribbon to hold 4 or 5 spice bags. What can be more traditional than a warm aromatic glass (or two) of mulled wine to warm you up on a cold winters day.

This is what I used for each spice bag ~
1 cinnamon stick
4 whole cloves
a small piece of nutmeg
a good sized piece of crystallized ginger

I use a couple of bags for a bottle of wine and add caster sugar and slices of orange. Slowly heat to simmering point without boiling, then allow to infuse. If you like you can add some freshly squeezed orange juice (I usually let people add their own). Another tip is to try it with honey instead of the sugar - hubby really enjoyed that.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Allsorts challenge 'last minute gifts'
Creative Inspirations challenge 'christmas / new year' my 3rd entry
Country View challenge 'nostalgic christmas' my 3rd entry
That's Crafty challenge 'anything goes' my 3rd entry

Well seeing as I made quite a few spice bags and it is rather chilly here I think I should break out a bottle of wine (just to check I got the ingredients right of course!)

12 comments:

  1. I can smell the aroma from here Andrea and it makes a super gift. I'm not a fan of it myself but I know I shall be making some as the boys love it.

    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts with your lovely festive gift.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Someone is in for a Merry Christmas!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous idea Andrea, I hope you enjoyed testing the ingredients - I think I might give your recipe a try.
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift.
    I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers!!!!

    Season's Greetings to you too Andrea. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little bags of spice sound nice. What a lovely idea for a present. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a brilliant idea and make. Love it! HO HO HO Have fun! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely idea! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations and we wish you a Merry Christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Andrea, The Kraft box looks wonderful and perfect to place the spice bags inside; a great gift.
    Thank you for joining us at CVC this month.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm that sounds lovely! i wouldn't be at all dissapointed to recieve your creation as a gift, I love mulled wine and would quite happily drink it all year round! thank you for joining our anything goes challenge at that craft place ! Rachel, TCP DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a superb gift idea and perfect for our Anything Goes Challenge. I especially like the little box xx
    Happy New Year
    Good luck and thank you for joining us at http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (That Craft Place Designer, proud DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining our theme at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.