Pages

Thursday, 4 December 2014

40th Birthday

Just popping by this evening with a quick post to show you the card I made for my Sons 40th birthday. I must give credit to Pauline (aka Cotnob) who makes the most wonderful cards for men as I had a good look through her cards for inspiration before I came up with the design for this.

I embossed some tan/orange cardstock with an Embossalicious 'happy birthday' folder before matting onto some brown card and then onto an 8x8 inch card blank. The cute little owl stamps are from Clearly Besotted which I cut with the matching die. I die-cut the stars and added the peel off numbers and printed the sentiment on the computer.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Allsorts challenge 'milestone birthdays'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'anything goes' (my 2nd entry)
A Little Bit Crafty challenge 'anything goes but NOT christmas'
Creative Card Crew challenge 'birthday with sentiment'

I'm just trying to get the last few christmas cards made and then I shall be round to catch up with you all. Thanks for taking the time to visit and for all your lovely comments.


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card for your son Andrea, love the colours and design.Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Milestone Birthdays challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card Andrea, I love your little owls and lovely bright colours - a perfect male card.
    I'm so glad I was able to provide some inspiration.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card for your son Andrea, I think owls are very generic and make a prefect masculine card.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous and cute card for big birthday.
    thank you for sharing at allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant card for your son, hope he had a lovely birthday.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those owls are so cute.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous mans card, love the owls, thanks for sharing with us at PTW, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is adorable! I love owls on cards :) Thank you for sharing your gorgeous project with us at Creative Card Crew this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.