Pages

Friday, 21 November 2014

Sparkling Red Christmas

Evening all, hope you are all keeping well and busy. I've had a really lazy day today as it's my 60th birthday so this is a christmas card that I made yesterday.

I used a LOTV stamp called 'teddy and penguin' which I coloured with Promarkers and a touch of Stickles and matted onto some red metallic card. The paper is from my pile of loose sheets (so not sure where from) and I embossed the white card with an Embossalicious 'petite dots' folder. I added ribbon, gems and a sentiment from my stash and used Tattered Lace dies to make the snowflake which I smothered in Stickles so it really sparkles when the light catches it.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Lili of the Valley Monthly challenge 'merry christmas' (my 2nd entry)
The Ribbon Girl Colour challenge 'red'
Time Out challenge 'embossing with the optional twist of sparkle' I went with the option
Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenge 'snow'
Penny Black and More challenge 'anything goes'
Stamping Sensations challenge 'christmas'
STAMPlorations challenge 'stamps and layers'
Delightful challenge 'you're a gem'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets' (my 2nd entry) snippets of white + red metallic card
Dies R Us challenge 'christmas'

Thanks for popping by and I hope you all have a super weekend.

20 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Andrea, I hope you have had a lovely day.
    Your card is gorgeous, I love your cute image and red and white colour combination, a fabulous Christmas card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, love the layers and the sweet image. Thanks so much for stopping by to see my tree :-) have a great weekend.

    Karon

    Karon's Krafty Korner

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely adorable those two are, holding hands thru the snow! Loving all the red sparkle on your card and very happy you were able to join us at TIME OUT! Hope you had a brilliant birthday and ate lots of cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and a very happy birthday for yesterday Andrea!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great touched of sparkle! And such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really stylish and elegant looking card Andrea but with a cute twist.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations November challenge.

    Hope you are feeling a little better than you were.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday for yesterday Andrea, I hope you had a fabulous day.
    Your card is gorgeous, so sweet.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, I love this creation. Love the red and white, designer papers and the Stickles you added. Thanks for sharing on the Delightful Challenge of You're A Gem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Andrea :) Love your card - the image is so sweet and beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card creation Kanda! LOVE the image (perfect coloring) and your design/sparkle is just wonderful! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card...love the image and the true Christmas colors you have used...a wonderful design, too!! Thank you for joining us at "Dies R Us" for our "Christmas" challenge.
    Diane DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable! And such gorgeous colors too!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kanda

    Belated birthday wishes to you . .. . I hope you enjoyed your special day.

    Loving the Christmas card you posted here. That is one cute image!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. No . . . that simply CANNOT be possible Andrea . . . you do NOT look anything like 60 in your blog photo!

    BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES going your way.

    Such a cute festive LOTV card you're showing too.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you had a very Happy Birthday.
    I love your bright and cheery card and such a fab little image.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Belated Birthday, Andrea! You are going to LOVE this decade!! And my goodness, how I LOVE your adorable snippets card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Belated birthday wishes!
    What a super cute card and so beautifully coloured.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute! Love the sparkle and layers. Thanks for joining our Stamps & Layers challenge at STAMPlorations this month. Good Luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, Andrea! I love all the red!

    Hope you had a great birthday!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Merry Christmas!' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.