Pages

Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Clearly Besotted 'Improvised' Christmas

Firstly I'd like to welcome my new followers and say how delighted I am that you have taken time to pop by see what I get up to.

The challenge over at Clearly Besotted this month is 'christmas' and as I don't have any of their christmas stamps I had to put my thinking cap on. I seem to have bought a good selection of the CB flowers and butterflies but nothing for the festive season. Then I remembered that on one shopping trip a stamp set called 'simply quilled' just fell into my basket (on a whim) so that's what I've used for my christmas card.

I (randomly) stamped two rows of the largest circles in red and green Memento inks, I embossed a couple of lines both below and above these and added a pearl to each circle. The 'happy' is a stamp from one of my CB flower sets and I added a silver peel-off 'xmas' to complete the sentiment. Finally a piece of lace tied around the top with a couple of 'sleigh bells' added to give it a nice jingly sound.

So this is my 'improvised' christmas card - I'm really glad I bought that stamp set as I can see it's going to be very useful and already have a couple more 'christmas' ideas in my head.


I shall enter this in the following challenges

Winter Wonderland challenge 'lace and pearls'
Penny Black and More challenge 'get ahead for christmas'
Deep Ocean challenge 'christmas in October'

7 comments:

  1. This has a real funky look to it Andrea, it's funny but not a stamp I would probably bought yet seeing it here would think again.

    Thanks for sharing and joining in at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant Christmas card Andrea, clever idea to use the simply quilled stamp set - it looks fabulous with the pearls.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your creative take on this month's theme, Andrea - this looks gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along with the Clearly Besotted Challenge :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect improvisation. Those circles are fab. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card , love the little bells on the lace, thank you for sharing at Winter Wonderlands 'Lace & Pearls' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, this is such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've done a great job of improvising; this is a very creative and festive holiday card. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.