Pages

Tuesday, 23 September 2014

Dandelion Dreams

Hi all, hope you're having a good week so far. I'm still lacking inspiration but when I saw Darnell was having another NBUS challenge it spurred me on to dig out some of my unused crafty stuff. As I was one of the very lucky winners of her last challenge I'm only playing for fun this time, but there are still a couple of days left for you to join in and used your previously unused crafty stuff.

I bought this canvas last year and had no idea what to do with it so thought it time to either use it or bin it. I've never stamped or coloured canvas before so decided to play safe using chalks to colour the background and Memento black ink for the (also NBUS) Clearly Besotted stamps called 'Dandelion dreams'


I shall also enter this in the following challenges

My Craft Creations challenge 'anything goes'
Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge 'altered art'
Simon Says Monday challenge 'stamps & stencils'



6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful canvas Andrea, I love your chalked background and the way the dandelion's are floating away into the distance.
    I hope you are feeling better.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And? Do you love it? Will you work on canvas again? I think your design is sensational, Andrea! What a great inspiration reminder to have hanging where you see it every day!! Thank you so much for playing for fun in my NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of this - lovely clean piece. Many thanks for joining the Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely, so soft and gentle. Love the colour and the stamp.

    Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    Moira DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the contrast of the subtle background colours with the bold flowers.

    Thank you for coming over and join in with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This piece is just beautiful! I'm so glad you chose to create on the canvas instead of binning it! The colors you used and the soft airy look that it has is stunning. I love the small details like the subtle shift to green at the bottom and the way that you've arranged the dandelions so that they're flying off into the sky. I could almost feel the breeze and thoroughly enjoyed seeing this piece. You did a great job and I think you have some amazing colored canvases in your future! Thanks for sharing this with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.