Pages

Sunday, 28 September 2014

Christmas Box

Evening all, hope you've had a great weekend.

I was looking through some magazine freebie christmas papers that I've had for ages and got the idea for some pretty simple cards. I made some some 6 inch card blanks from a4 card, trimmed the papers to fit, and I used Memory Box 'grand merry christmas' and Tattered Lace snowflake to die-cut from the leftover bits of white card. A few gems to finish and hey presto - 5 christmas cards and I also made a matching box to put them in.


Here's a closer look at the box....


... and one of the cards


I shall enter these in the following challenges -

Rudolph Day challenge '2 christmas makes'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge 'make it colourful'
Cute Card Thursday challenge 'dies and/or punches'
My Mum's Craft Shop challenge 'dies or punches' (3rd entry)

11 comments:

  1. WOW - these have real impact and are just gorgeous. Congrats on making a bunch of them.

    Thanks for joining in with RUDOLPH DAY.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous collection of Christmas cards with a matching box Andrea. You have used my favourite Christmas die and I love your bright papers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic, I love that die ,I have used it a lot and seen it used a lot but this is totally different and the papers go so very well with it plus all the added embellishements.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Andrea, what a fabulous way to use that MB die. These are such lovely card - food for thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards and perfectly finished off in the box xxx Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingly beautiful way to use that die with the vine background. Really liked that hot pop of the pink and how marvelous that you made a pretty box for the gorgeous card. TFS & hugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the pink - beautiful cards. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 196 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous set of Christmas cards. LOVE how you've used this lovely Christmas paper (which I also own, and haven't known quite how to work with!), it looks fabulous and is so perfectly showcased with the lovely MB die and snowflake embellie. Really brilliant. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I am loving your Christmas cards! The box you made to put them in is just as beautiful. Would make such a beautiful gift for someone. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful set in non-traditional colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at MMCS! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.