Pages

Thursday, 14 August 2014

Penguin Christmas

Hi everyone, hope your week has gone well. My inspiration and motivation is still on sick leave and I can't find Mr Mojo anywhere.... so I decided that I should try and make a card to incorporate a few challenges.

Following a sketch and themes of christmas, penguins, embossing, twine and CAS design this is what I came up with. The image is one of my (many) LOTV toppers, the card is embossed with a Die'sire petite dots folder, twine and sentiment are from my stash. You wouldn't believe how long I sat with a vacant expression on my face before I actually began to make this card !!


I shall enter it in the following challenges
Lili of the Valley Monthly challenge 'christmas in August'
Sketch Saturday challenge 'sketch'
Winter Wonderland challenge 'anything goes  for christmas'
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge 'animal +/or bird'
ABC Christmas challenge 'P for penguins'
Creative Card Crew challenge 'embossing'
My Mum's Craft Shop challenge 'clean and simple'
Let's Craft and Create challenge 'ribbon or twine'

Thanks for popping by and if you'd like a chance to win my candy please check out the post at the top of my blog here

12 comments:

  1. great card Andrea, thank you for joining us for our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous Christmas card Andrea. Those penguins are so cute.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable Christmas card Andrea, such a sweet image and fabulous CAS design.
    I hope you get some enthusiasm and motivation back soon.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, boy, am I ever familiar with that vacant-eyed pose, Andrea! But you rallied like a champ and did a fabulous job showcasing that sweet topper!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable. Such sweet little penguins.

    Thanks for joining our embossing challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 189 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the image you have used here. It works so well with the embossed background. Thanks for joining in with our 'Anything goes for Christmas' challenge at Winter Wonderland, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute card! Thank you for joining in the Sketch Saturday Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    Sketch Saturday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...such a sweet card - love those cute LotV penguins!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute image. Love the layout and your embossing goes so well. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Good luck. Maggie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Andrea, love the simplicity of it.
    Thanks for entering our 'Christmas in August' challenge - good luck!

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.