Pages

Friday, 20 June 2014

Lavinia Fairy

Hi everyone, hope you're all well and looking forward to the weekend. It's gorgous hot sunny weather here so fingers crossed it stays like this.

I've been having a play today with some of my NBUS (never before used schtuff) so that I can join in with Darnell's challenge and also try out some Lavinia stamps which were a magazine freebie.


These are the first Lavinia stamps I've used and the first card I've made using a silhouette stamp so it was a bit of 'stamp and see what happens' - although I didn't expect it to look anything like it does!! First off I used pink ink to stamp but it was too pale so I got the red ink and overstamped just the fairy. I actually got a bit of a shadow with the pink as I didn't manage to line the stamp up properly, but luckily it does look like shadow. I used a pearlescent card base, the paper is Prima 'doodle deux' and the pearls, gems and sentiment are from my stash.

Okay so you've probably never seen a red fairy before but maybe she just spent a little too long sunbathing!! Another style I shall definitely have to master and I think her next outing will be in black.



I shall enter this in the following challenges ~
NBUS challenge 'anything goes with a friendship theme'
Lavinia Stamps challenge 'add some beads or gems'
Creative Card Crew challenge 'fairy day'
Dream Valley challenge 'monochrome'
My Mum's Craft Shop challenge 'ink it up' (3rd entry)

Thanks for your visit - I really do appreciate it. I have been visiting you the past few days but Mr Blogger is being a bit of a nuisance sometimes when I try to leave comments and telling me it's a 'whoops error'

14 comments:

  1. Love the way you made the pearls drop from the fairy's hand
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Andrea, I love the red and white combination.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT! I love the fact you used red too.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think she's positively stunning in red with her pink outline, Andrea! In fact, I think she would be beautiful in any color and I'm over the moon with the way you put the cluster of pearls hanging from her hand and more on the ground! That's a genius design!!

    Thank you for joining in my NBUS Challenge and posting my button! I appreciate your support very much!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Andrea, a fabulous fairy and colour scheme.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so beautiful, striking colour, thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps Challenge, good luck, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous CAS card, and the fairy looks fab in red. Thank you for joining us in the Lavinia Challenge, and good luck, hugs Pauline, DT member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card. I like that silhouette image and the cute pearls.

    Thanks for playing along in our fairy challenge at Creative Card Crew!
    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never seen a fairy ever but I do believe in them!! Your card is lovely and the colour peeking through looks just like shadowing should do. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card ! I like her in the strawberry colour, as I think it makes her look arty and whimsical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining our monochrome challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Andrea.

    Congrats on being one of Darnell's winners. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous-I have been seeing this stamp quite a lot lately! I love the red! Thank you for joining us in our fairy challenge at creative card crew. Irene DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.