Pages

Saturday, 14 June 2014

Fathers Day

I left it a bit late making my Dad's card for fathers day but after a bit of a rush last night I have got it made ready to give him tomorrow.

I got my inspiration for this card from Pauline aka Cotnob who makes the most wonderful male cards and as Dad is a keen gardener who always has a garden full of visiting birds I thought this image from the LOTV art pad 'garden delights' was most appropriate. If anyone has not already seen any this art pad I can really recommend it - such beautiful images and fabulous colours. The paper is the last of this design from my box of loose sheets and although I don't remember who by I think 'Miss Marple' may be able to help if she reads this. I didn't want a straight strip of kraft to layer the image so I used strips cut from a curvy edged kraft base card (note to myself -  must buy a border punch or some scissors that will do the job). I searched through all my stamps for a DAD sentiment but to no avail so ended up hand writing in a gold gel pen and the other sentiment is on a clear sheet that I stuck onto a scrap of kraft card.


I shall enter this in the following challenges ~
Papertake Weekly challenge 'for the boys'
That Craft Place challenge 'men'
That's Crafty challenge 'birds'
Bearly Mine challenge 'one for the boys' (2nd entry)
Lily of the Valley Monthly challenge 'male or sporty' (2nd entry)
Live and Love Crafts challenge 'summer garden'

Thanks for popping by and I hope you have a great weekend whatever you're up to.

7 comments:

  1. A fabulous fathers day card Andrea. Love the image and cas layout.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your dad will love this! Thanks for sharing your card with us at That's Crafty.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea, this is a fab card for a Dad, I love your CAS layout. Great image. Fern x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant card Andrea, I love your image and plaid papers, your hand written DAD is perfect.
    I'm so pleased that I have provided you with a little inspiration for your male cards, thank you for the shout out.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Andrea! I love the CAS design, the Garden Delights AP is one of my favourites!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley June Challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card..thanks for sharing with us at That Craft Place..hugs Debs J DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea,
    Great male CAS card with gorgeous image. Thanks for linking up to LLC's Summer Garden challenge - hope you're enjoying the Summer!

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.