Pages

Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Christmas Robins

I'm back today with another christmas card and this design meant a daring trip into the land of one layer cards. I love one layer cards but I think they are much harder to make as you can't 'hide' your little mistakes and you have to think more about the finished look before you start stamping - which is not so easy for me as I usually just let my cards happen.

I stamped straight onto a linen base card using Little Claire Designs 'robin redbreast' and a Penny Black sentiment from the 'in a pear tree' transparent set using black Memento ink. I have stamped this image once before but it ended up in the bin as I couldn't get the watering can coloured properly so this time I decided just to colour the robins and plants with my Promarkers. I also went over the snowflakes (which had inked up very black) and centre of the flowers with Sakura glitter pen but it doesn't show up on the photo.

So here is the finished card. Hubby said it's not too bad but I know I need a lot more practice at 'one layer'


I shall enter this in the following challenges ~
Winter Wonderland challenge 'a christmas scene'
That's Crafty challenge 'birds' (2nd entry)
My Mum's Craft Shop challenge 'ink it up' (2nd entry)
Crafty Sentiments challenge 'CAS or full on'
Card und More challenge 'one layer'
Simon Says Monday challenge 'anything goes'
Crafts and Me challenge 'add wings'

Thanks for popping by and I really would value your honest opinion and tips for this type of card.

17 comments:

  1. A lovely Christmas card. I like how you have coloured the flowers and robins but the the other items un coloured. It's very striking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kanda, I had trouble commenting yes'dy. Blogger kept telling me the server would not accept it. So I'll try again today. I love your one layer card, and I'm in the same camp..my cards tend to 'just happen'. This one is so pretty, very clean with the line drawing and then the bright pops of color. Looks like there is some lovely texture on the background too. Super card. Well designed. You rocked it! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous CAS card Andrea, I love your beautifuli image.
    I keep being told by blogger that my comments have been rejected as well, but when I check back they are always there!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas cards at any time of year, and this one is a beauty! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous Christmas card Andrea. Love the image and cas design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Christmas scene, don't you just love robins.... thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea, this is a great one layer Xmas card, I think you have made it look easy! I know what you mean though, it's just so tempting to want to add extras isn't it! Fern x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning Christmas CAS design with all the elements just place right.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning sweetie, this is stunning, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This jumped out of the SSS gallery at me! What a unique and pretty design. I love the small touches of color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOve to see Christmas cards from the start of January lol..
    LOving your CAS card..Such a pretty scene. The texture of your card is lovely.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your one layer CAS card. Great image and coloring. Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Sentiments this week! Cathy*xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful card! so elegant! thanks for playing with "Crafty Sentiments this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done with stamping on textured card, I always find that a little tricky. My only tip is plan plan plan when doing a one layer card but you seem to have it cracked!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Kanda!
    Thanks for joining us at That's Crafty.
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Card you made, Kanda.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Cards und More Challenge.
    Lovely Greetings Sandra GDT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Andrea, what a lovely Christmas card. Love the shadow effect you created and the few colours popping up.

    We are very happy that you take part at the Cards und More Challenge. To participate in the draw of the prize and the Top 3, you have to follow the challenge rules. Unfortunately, you have you joined more than 5 challenges simultaneously and cannot take part in the draw this time. I am so sorry. We would be delighted if you join in again next time :-)

    Hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.