Pages

Sunday, 18 May 2014

I'm Clearly Besotted with my new stamp and die sets

How fabulous is this weather... I'm loving it, aren't you? Such a difference from last Sunday when the road outside our home looked more suitable for a boat than a car!!

I have managed to grab a little bit of crafty time this weekend to play with my new stamps and dies from Clearly Besotted (hence the title of this post). This stamp is one of three fabulous flowers from the 'Fresh Flowers' set cut out with the matching die, coloured with Promarkers and Hobby House pearls added to the flower centres. The snippet of striped card is Hunkydory, the ribbon and pink gems are from my stash and I used the 'thank you' sentiment from the same stamp set.

These are the first Clearly Besotted stamps and dies I've bought and definitely won't be the last. I love the quality and beautiful images but you will probably notice I need to practice lining up the stamp and die. The die is solid not outline and I made the mistake of stamping and colouring the image first and then cutting it.






I shall enter this in the following challenges

Clearly Besotted challenge 'Colours' (thank you so much for your wonderful service and stamps / dies)
Without Words challenge 'Pink and/or purple with green'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'Use snippets'
My Craft Creations challenge 'Anything goes' (3rd entry)
Penny Black and More challenge 'Anything goes' (2nd entry)
Stamping Sensations challenge 'Anything goes' (2nd entry)
One Crazy Stamper challenge 'Anything goes and an embellishment' (2nd entry)

Thanks for popping by and I hope you can come back tomorrow when I shall have another card as GDT for House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge to show you.

18 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Andrea, I love Clearly Besotted stamps and dies and this one is gorgeous - fabulous CAS design.
    I always stamp and then cut, Edna has a little tutorial on her blog that helped me - you can find it here: http://anotherdayanothercard.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/die-cutting-stamped-image.html
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Andrea, so striking with the stripy DP and gems all carrying the colour of the blooms.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Andrea, so striking with the stripy DP and gems all carrying the colour of the blooms.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous,love the design and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning sweetie this is just beautiful, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Andrea, love the new stamp and die.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! The blossoms are so pretty and love the wee pearl accents.
    I stamp first too and then diecut...I am off to check out the link that Pauline mentioned...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Andrea. Love the flowers and cas design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful CAS creation. Love it!
    Many thanks for playing along with us at Penny Black and More. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just CAS gorgeousness - love the little bling from the sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is beautiful Andrea!! I do need to check out Clearly Besotted :)

    I haven't had time to read all the comments left but there's a quick and easy way to line up the die after you've stamped the image. Just cut the die out of a bit of scrap card stock then place that aperture over the stamped image and 'sit' the die back in place, face down of course. You might want to add some low tack tape to hold it in place and then die cut as normal.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a gorgeous card Andrea. Glad you had fun playing with your new goodies.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card and so beautifully coloured too. Thank you so much for joining in with the Clearly Besotted Challenge, Andrea :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card Andrea and I can see why you love your new stamps. This image is beautiful and your card looks so elegant.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Penny Black and More and we hope you will join us again next month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.