Pages

Monday, 5 May 2014

House Mouse Sunny Days

Last month I was very lucky to be one of the winners over at the House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge and as well as receiving a fabulous prize courtesy of Kelly I was also given the opportunity of being a guest designer for the months of May and June.

This is the first of my cards and the theme this fortnight is Sunny Days They have some fabulous sponsors lined up as well as some candy and you can find all the details over on the challenge blog here.


I've used an image from the Joanna Sheen 'House Mouse triple cd collection' as it brought back memories of when my kids were young - it was a very hot summer and we spent most of the time playing and cooling off in the paddling pool (it was one of those large rigid sided ones and even I could splash about in it!!) The lovely sunny spotty paper is from Bearly Mine Designs and it was all layered up with white and yellow card. The dies I used are Poppy Stamps fancy flower which I coloured to match those on the image and Marianne LR0152 to mount the sentiment. I found a metal clip star shape in my stash and when I added some card candi I had my sun and the ribbon had the perfect wording - sweet cute lovely fun -  to finish the card.






I shall enter this in the following challenges ~
Creative Inspirations challenge 'Spring flowers' (my 2nd entry)
Divas By Design challenge 'April showers'
Cute Card Thursday challenge 'Here comes summer'
My Craft Creations challenge 'Anything goes' (my 3rd entry)
Sketch N Stash chaallenge 'Sketch' (neglected stash the star clip shape)
A Little Bit Crafty challenge 'Flower power' (my 2nd entry)
Bearly Mine challenge 'Flowers' (my 2nd entry)

So why not get out your House Mouse, Gruffies and Happy Hoppers to join in the fun over at House Mouse & Friends and for those of you who are interested I see that Joanna Sheen has some special offers on stamps and cds.




15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,fab image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea, welcome, so happy to have you designing along with us for the next two months. What a beautiful card. A perfect choice of image for this challenge and the colors you chose for your card are stunning.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautifully coordinated Andrea. I LOVE that little metal flower clip you've used. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is so sweet Andrea… what an adorable scene! I love the pretty paper and embellies! :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week!
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely project, thank you for joining the my craft creations challenge. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card Andrea, such a sweet image and lovely sunny papers.
    Thank you for joining us as a Guest Designer at House-Mouse & Friends.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just darling Kanda. I love the papers you picked to back up this sweet image. Yes it does bring back memories of my children when they were young also. Super Sweet Card. So glad to have you aboard for the next two months. You and your talents are a great asset to our team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the guest designer spot!
    This is a wonderful card. Love the image of course but also think the way you made the sun is fab.
    Great ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Kanda-excited to have you on our team for the next few months-How much fun are we going to have!!!
    Lovely card with such a pretty color scheme too! ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card and I love the pretty, spring colours you've used too.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card. Thank you for joining us this month at Bearly-Mine Designs "Flowers" challenge and good luck in the draw. Hope we see you again!
    Hugs,
    Simona (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi sweetie, this is simply gorgeous, I am loving your colours big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. awwwwwwwwww such a gorgeous image and a beautiful card
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card, Kanda! Great image and I love purple and yellow together! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash this week, good luck! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't they look relaxed! Great job on the card! Thanks for joining us at A little Bit Crafty!

    Sam (DT) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.