Pages

Thursday, 29 May 2014

Butterflies and Flowers

I'm back with my second post of the day to show you a card that just 'happened'. I had no idea of a design and all I had decided on was to use a kraft base card, butterflies and a Marianne Creatable LR0152 circlet die which I'd cut from a snippet of pearlescent card (part of a base card that had gone wrong!!).

As I was usng a 'bingo' line my next step was to pick a designer paper to match and this was in my pile of loose sheets so I'm not sure who by although I'm pretty certain it was a magazine freebie. I added a butterfly and a couple of roses from a Hunkydory die-cut sheet as well as a sentiment and gold peel-off corner from my stash, then I couldn't resist adding a few more of the Hunkydory flowers and another butterfly which were attached with glue dots and sticky pads to give it some depth. I finished it off with some pearls and a ladybug charm.

I like the way this turned out especially as the finished card is not a design I would have normally planned in advance. It's surprising what you come up with when you just play around, isn't it.


I shall enter this in the following challenges ~
Butterfly challenge 'butterfly bingo' (die-cut / butterfly / designer paper)
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets' (3rd entry)
Allsorts challenge 'happy birthday' (2nd entry)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenge 'llowers and charms' (2nd entry)
That's Crafty challenge 'that's krafty' (3rd entry)
Craft-Room challenge 'things with wings' (2nd entry)
Sparkles Monthly challenge 'celebrate Mom or special lady'

Thanks for visit, I really appreciate you taking the time to pop by

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card KandA. Thanks for stopping by with such a lovely comment today. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers and butterflies - so pretty
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The is a gorgeous card Andrea, it looks like you spent hours designing it, it sounds like you really enjoyed playing and you have created a beautiful card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I 'm glad you decided to have some play time as this is just gorgeous. I love the colours. They go so well together. The flowers look so pretty with the butterflies settling on them. Thank you for fluttering by . Hugs Mrs A. Butterfly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Andrea - I love all the detail and great use of snippets. There's a sort of 'vintage look' to it that reminds me so much of the days as a kid when we used to collect and swop lovely coloured floral and cupid scraps - long before your time I suspect!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vintage feel of this card Andrea, such pretty flowers and embellishments. Fern x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A floral delight, lovely butterflies and that little metal ladybird is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I really like your card! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles this month we hope you will join us again!

    Love From Rebecca xx
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful, love it!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely card, love all the extra pretty details you've added, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous card Kanda and I adore the colours and layout. Thank you so much for joining in with us at Craft Room Challenge this fortnight
    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely feminine card. Beautiful image and it looks so lovely on your kraft card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.