Pages

Monday, 7 April 2014

The chicken came before the egg

What on earth is she on about I can hear you asking yourselves.

Some of you may remember my Dad making me a knitted snowman, well my snowman now has a little chicken friend.... and still no sign of an easter egg even though I keep hinting every time we go shopping. I think a Humpty Dumpty may be making an appearance soon though as Dad is getting fed up of making chickens, rabbits, etc etc.

So here's a photo of the happy little chappie. He was a bit shy of the camera at first because of the loose feathers (commonly known as a wool knot that just won't disappear) sticking out of his head and also his bloodshot eyes !!  He may not be a perfect little chick but seeing as Dad is 93 I feel enormously lucky to have him at all.


and here's another photo of the two playmates together


I shall enter this in the following challenges on his behalf ~

Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge  'week 119 use snippets'  2nd entry (he's definitely snippetted with joined up wool and felt)
Sparkles Monthly challenge 'Easter Parade'  2nd entry
That's Crafty challenge 'You spin me right round' (made on a circular knitting loom)
Dream Valley challenge 'Easter'
A Little Bit Crafty challenge 'The birds and the bees'  2nd entry
Country View challenge 'New beginnings'
Craft My Life challenge 'Anything goes but no cards'

Thanks for popping by and any comments left will be passed on to my Dad for him to read and I know they will be greatly appreciated.

24 comments:

  1. Oh Andrea, he's absolutely adorable! And I love the feather tuft, it looks deliberate to me!

    How lovely that your Dad, Doug, is producing such great stuff. The girls will be fighting, biting and scratching in the Playground over this little cutie :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute project Andrea, love the snow man too.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Doug, and well done you for making the Easter chick, being honest I am in love with your Snowman. Thanks for letting your daughter enter your chick into our Easter challenge at Sparkles Monthly. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Andrea, thank you for sharing your dad's fun makes. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  5. really cute. thanks for joining us on the That's Crafty challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet and special! My Dad will be 93 this year. He used to do crafts but can't keep his attention on them anymore. I have some treasures that he's made though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you just look at Mr Winter chumming it up with Spring Chick! That's just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are just adorable! I love all of them ! :D Someone is going to be very, very happy! :D Cute gift.
    Hugs
    marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creations... they both are so cute... Thank you for joining us at Craft my life challenge....Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, adorable. Thanks, Doug, for entering it into That's Crafty!'s You Spin Me Right Round challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww! He's adorable Andrea.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Creations sweetie huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous knitted chick, your Dad is very clever - I still think the snowman is my favourite thought! Will look forward to seeing Humpty Dumpty.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Doug, as always, I think your crafty knitting is wonderful and your little chick is just soooo adorable! Especially that stray feather sticking out of his head! Wonderful stuff, thanks so much for sharing with us at Sparkles this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

    Hugs
    Brenda
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea these are beyond cute! Love them and good on your dad!
    Really fabulous way to use snippets too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just popped in from the playground. What fun - these are just so cuddly.
    Have a good playtime.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are both just too cute for words! Love that your dad made these for you. Too sweet. thank you for sharing these! And Thank your dad for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges! Hope you join us again!

    Amy~DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this really made me smile! What a lucky daughter you are! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great projects - I bet you'll really treasure these.

    Thanks for joining us at Sparkles.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just fabulous, thank you for playing along with us at ALBC & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet little chick, thanks for linking it to Country View Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi There Andrea! I just had to stop by and admire that DARLING little chick that your Dad knitted for you!! I LOVE IT!! And I Love that Snowman, too! I would give you and your Dad a prize just Because!! Big Smiles and Happy Easter! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  23. How wonderful Andrea that your dad is still crafting at 93 !! Bless him.....

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.