Pages

Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Red and Pink number two

Hi everyone, thanks for popping by.

Well after speaking to a very nice man from Sky it seems we have a fault on the BT line (although we don't have any problems making or receiving phone calls - which is a bit strange) so they have booked the engineers to come and fix it. Also they are sending us the newest model of wireless router free of charge AND we now have a freephone number to contact them. Unfortunately this is going to take 3-5 working days which brings us up to and past the easter weekend and our internet connection is intermittent so apologies if I don't get to visit much over the next few days.

Anyways on to the card I made this morning. After trying a new colour combo of red and pink the other day I was so pleased with the result that I had to give it another go. So out came some more of the same red paper from My Minds Eye and the pink is from Hunkydory as are the butterfly and topper. I followed a sketch (but used an oval instead of a circle) then I just added some gems from my stash. I really am loving this colour combo and it looks better IRL than in the photo.


I shall enter this in the following challenges ~
Creative Inspirations challenge 'Only red + pink' (my 2nd entry)
Sketch Saturday challenge 'Sketch'
The ABC challenge 'J is for Just as you like it'
My Craft Creations challenge 'Anything goes'
Sparkles Monthly challenge 'Favourite colour combo'

8 comments:

  1. It certainly is a lovely colour combination Andrea, such a pretty topper as well.
    I hope you soon get your internet problems sorted.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image and card; love the colors you used. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous colour combo Andrea. The topper is so pretty and delicate!

    The wonders of modern technology never cease to befuddle me, so i hope you get it all fixed soon, so very irritating!

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's delightful to see you playing along with us at Sketch Saturday with this oh so pretty card. Love the addition of the gems and the butterfly! Thank you for joining in. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card fab colour combo, thank you for joining us at The ABC Challenge for our 'J is for just as you like' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's a lovely colour combo. works really well & the image is beautiful! Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles this time & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    p.s I have candy if you fancy entering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, the colours look wonderful. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.
    cheers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember that my mum had a sweater that was red and pink when I was a teenager. I then thought that red and pink should never be mixed. But I have changed my mind. I think it´s a brilliant colour combo!!!

    Your card is so pretty with those flowers.

    Thank you for joining our Favorite Colour Combo at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.