Pages

Sunday, 27 April 2014

Flutterby

Do you ever have one of those days when you just give up? We took my Dad on his weekly shopping trip this afternoon and he was not a happy man. He was having a good moan about having to pay tax on his works pension and that it's not worth being alive!! We'd just got him back home and his doorbell rang and there stood a nice fireman who said he could have smoke alarms 'free of charge' as he is 'old and vulnerable'. So while the other fireman was fitting 2 smoke alarms (under Dad's supervision of course) we were giving the necessary details. Okay his sight is not so perfect nor is his hearing and he can't run a marathon any more but he is 93 and totally with it mentally and would be able to react accordingly if there was a fire - so guess what happens next - yes, Dad starts playing the ancient befuddled geriatric who is on deaths door!!

Anyway enough of my waffle, here's my card. I used white linen card for the base and a snippet of Paper Cellar 'victorian classic' paper which I cut into 3 strips keeping the design in line. The butterfly is Hunkydory with Stickles added to the wings and placed on a Marianne LR0180 die circle. From my stash I added a pearl flourish and a peel-off sentiment. I think you can just about see the glittery wings in the photo.



I shall enter this in the following challenges ~

Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge 'sketch'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'White + one'
Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge 'use snippets'
Butterfly challenge 'Glamorous butterflies' (hope there's enough glitter)
CAS on Sunday challenge 'Sparkle and shimmer'
That Craft Place challenge 'Anything goes'
Crafty Catz challenge 'Anything goes' (my 3rd entry)

Thanks for dropping by and I'm sorry I've not been around to visit you so much recently but we still have limited internet. Just wish they'd hurry up and replace this cable.

17 comments:

  1. This is an elegant card and I love the butterfly and stickles you added and embellished it beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Andrea, love the bling trail. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Beautiful butterfly! I love the flower image on your banners! Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Hope you come back and play again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a totally fab way of using up a snipet of paper. Do I love the butterfly with its bling trail? Does Poo Bear love honey!!!!! Thank you for fluttering by #6 with this gorgeous card. Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty - lovely the paper cut at different lengths!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Kanda thank you for joining us at CRAFTY CATZ this week
    Hugs Dianne xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Andrea - we have a few folk using up strips of snippets this week - which is such a great way to use them. LOVE the butterfly and the pearl 'trail'!

    I did giggle about your Dad - Len's Mum used to say 'it's no good getting older if you can't get wily' :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Andrea, I love your clean design and subtle colours.
    Your Dad sounds like a very interesting character!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!!! I love the butterfly and the image on the panels! So pretty!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi , just found your blog from the Papertake weekly challenge. I love your card, so clever the design of the papers cut into three. Lovely butterfly and trail. As for your dad, been there done.....etc, so sympathise as I am sure do a lot of others!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so classy and elegant love it
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous snippets card - beautifully proportioned.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful card, I love the colour and design.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This really is beautiful. thanks for joining us at That Craft Place xx Stacey S xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card. Thanks for joining us at Hanna & Friends. Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful card, Andrea! Very crisp and elegant, and great use of your snippets.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is amazing ;)
    Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.