Pages

Saturday, 29 March 2014

Something Totally Different

Hi everyone, hope you're having a good weekend.

I've spent the day playing around with some crafty stuff that I haven't used too much and trying out a few ideas. I have quite a few plain vellum sheets so thought I would stamp and diecut some butterflies with Marianne Collectables COL1319 which I then coloured with Promarkers and a Sakura glitter pen. I stuck two butteflies together at the 'body' so that the wings would stand off and be quite see-through.

So what to do with this butterfly? Another rummage in the cupboard produced a Marianne Creatables LR0152 die cut from a piece of pearlescent card and Cheery Lynn fanciful flourish cut from white card and coloured with a gold pen. This was going to be the start of a card but then things took a bit of a twist and I ended up making something totally different and I can blame it all on the rummaging!

I very rarely use big flowers due to the fact that they don't fit in envelopes so when I picked these foam roses out of the tin that's when I headed off in a totally different direction and really started to have a play. I managed to persuade hubby that my need of a 10 inch length of leftover tongue & groove was much greater than his, although he did take some persuading (and I thought I was a hoarder). So what else - the dotty paper, a bit of corrugated packaging, some spidery webby stuff I've had for years all distressed with Tim Holtz 'tattered rose' ink.  The beautiful stick pins were made by Caz of Caz's Crafty Snug and a bit of ribbon, some pearls, buttons and a gold peel-off corner finished it all off.

I can honestly say I have never made anything like this before and I am so pleased with the result. Think I shall have to make another of these as I did happen to spy a few more bits of wood in hubby's shed - just need to find where he hides the key!!



I shall enter this in the following challenges ~

Crafty Cardmakers and More challenge 'No cards and a mixed media winter and/or slap it on'
Cuttlebug Mania challenge 'Dotty' (my 2nd entry using a Grand Calibur)
I Love Promarkers challenge 'Anything goes' (my 2nd entry - I used Promarkers to colour the butterfly stamp, but please delete if it doesn't count)
Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'Anything goes with buttons'
That's Crafty challenge 'Inky antics' (my 3rd entry)
Allsorts challenge 'Use those dies'
Craftyhands challenge 'Shabby chic'
Fussy and Fancy Friday challenge 'Shabby chic'
House of Cards challenge 'CAS and/or classic & elegant + add a button'

23 comments:

  1. OH MY what a gorgeous project. I love the bit about hubby accusing you of being a hoarder! A perfect finish for his wood offcut.

    Thank you so much for sharing this perfect project with us

    By the way, it does say it in several places, but we moderate the entries before they are added, which is why you couldn't see it straight away.... I'm pretty sure the linky should have informed you of that as well.

    Hope to see you back again!

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is gorgeous! Love the colors, the beautiful flowers and all the fabulous dies you have used. Thanks for joining us over at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant! You should link this up with the HOC challenge if you want to - its add a button - hopefully you'll read this in time....
    http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/03/march-challenge-2-cas-andor-classic.html
    Hugs, Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous love it
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous,love the design and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! So innovative, using so many different elements and pulling them together into one gorgeous creation. Thanks for sharing at House of Cards and hope you join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card! Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhands, good luck! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the tongue n grove and I love the orange colour scheme. Thanks for sharing with us at CCM&M. Jules DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Kanda this project is gorgeous! What a fabulous way to decorate a piece of wood, I love the colors and all of your beautiful embellishments!Thanks so much for joining us at HOC!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful creation, I love how it started off as a card but metamorphosed into a piece of altered art. It's great fun letting your creativity run wild isn't it?

    Thanks for sharing with us at CCM&M
    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Andrea. Fabulous colour and texture.
    Thanks for joining in with our Inky Antics challenge at That's Crafty and wishing you good luck.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Andrea, I love your beautiful butterfly and fabulous details - your beautiful warm colours are lovely, it sounds like you really enjoyed making this.
    I hope you find the key so that you can make some more!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful Andrea. Love the colour scheme and all the detail

    Thanks for playing along with our Dotty challenge at Cuttlebug Mania x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A little late commenting Amanda, poorly computer so having to beg and borrow till my new one arrives.

    It's lovely to see you at Allsorts this week and with such a stunning card as well, thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful! LOVE the colors and all the different textures and elements! Thanks for joining us at HOC! :) HUGS and have a great rest of the week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card so nice!
    Thank you so much for plaing aroundwith us at I love Promarkers challenge this week!
    Hugs Artesania DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful, elegant card. Thanks a lot for joining us at I Love ProMarkers. Hope to see you back soon. Good luck. Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Kanda! So pretty and feminine, I love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card, great details.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous colour and so pretty. Thank you for joining in with our Dotty challenge at Cuttlebug Mania x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is lovely, so sweet.

    I love the butterfly

    Thanks for popping along and joining in the fun over at Crafty Hands.

    Good Luck

    Hugs
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card has worked perfectly! Many thanks for joining the crafty hands challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just gorgeous and your colours are beautiful together. Thanks for joining in the Fussy and Fancy Challenge this fortnight.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    F & F DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.