Pages

Saturday, 22 March 2014

One Layer Card

Hope you're having a good weekend. The weather here is wet so that meant a crafty afternoon and I decided to have a play at something different to try and kick start my inspiration.

I thought I would try my hand at a one layer card using one of my new stamps - Kaisercraft 'Botanical - which I stamped with black Memento ink and lightly coloured the flowers and butterflies with chalks. The sentiment stamp was one I've had for ages and may have been with a magazine but I'm not sure. It's such a temptation to add a piece of ribbon or twine and a few pearls or layer the image on card to give it a frame, but I am determined that this will remain a 'CAS one layer' card even if it does look a little 'naked'.


I shall enter this in the following challenges

CAS on Sunday challenge 'One layer wonder'
That's Crafty challenge 'Inky antics'
Vintage Stamping challenge 'Just for you' (my 2nd entry playing around just for me)

Thanks for popping over and I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.


15 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous one layer card Andrea, such a lovely image - I know what your mean, it is so tempting just to add a little something isn't it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie this is simply gorgeous, a gorgeous creation, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,lovely image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Andrea. I love the stamp and cas design
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Andrea, love the gentle colouring. I haven't used chalk for ages. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous CAS card Kanda! I love that Kaisercraft image & your subtle colouring!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful, subtle card. Thank you for entering it into the That's Crafty! challenge - and good luck in the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know just what you mean about the temptation to add more Andrea, I'm the same. But you have really nailed the one layer card her, it's a beautiful CAS example.

    It's really lovely to see you at FolonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges, thanks so much for joining in and hope to see you here again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really classy CAS card Andrea and beautiful use of a fave stamp of mine.
    Thanks for joining in with our That's Crafty Inky Antics challenge and wishing you good luck.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh KandA one layer cards are so hard but this is absolutely gorgeous! Brilliant! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card.Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Andrea.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, love the soft colors you used for the coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Andrea. I love the collage stamp! and the sentiment goes perfectly on this CAS card. Embrace the white! lol - so hard isn't it!
    Thanks for joining us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is amazing!
    Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.