Pages

Friday, 7 February 2014

Paint It Black..... or maybe brown !!

Hi everyone and a big welcome to my latest follower Donna. I hope you're all looking forward to the weekend and have some fun things planned. Mine will be mainly housework and catching up with some long overdue jobs but hopefully I can sneak in a bit of playtime too.

I used to hate making male cards but now I'm getting more confident and rather like it, especially with the fabulous LOTV images. This one is a stamp called 'Lick of Paint' but I used it from the sketch pad 'Vintage Boys' and coloured it with Promarkers. The papers are Prima Botanical collection, the stars are an Xcut die and from my stash I used bakers twine and a peel-off sentiment.


I shall enter this in the following challenges

Lili Of The Valley challenge 'Name that tune' (Paint it Black - The Rolling Stones)  but he'd run out of black paint !! (my 2nd entry)
A Little Bit Crafty challenge 'Man up'
Without Words challenge 'Working 9 to 5 - occupations'
Craft All Day challenge 'Male cards'
Sketch N Stash challenge 'Sketch'
Craftyhands challenge 'Shades of the same colour'
Divas By Design challenge 'Die-cuts'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Anything goes' (my 2nd entry)

16 comments:

  1. Hi loving your card - great job and ty for playing along at Craftyhands - very good luck Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI sweetie, this is gorgeous, big hugs love Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little chap, he is so useful for male cards, I agree they can be quite difficult! Lovely card and layout.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are starting to like doing male cards because you are very, very good at them. I adore this image and your coloring is very well done. Your papers and twine go nicely with the image that the splatter of paint onto the stars is ideal. Love It. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant male card Andrea, I love your colour choices and fabulous design.
    Have a great weekend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to frame out that adorable guy image, Andrea!! I like the double panels wrapped in twine and how genius to have the stars flowing out of his paint brush! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color selection for you adorable card! I like how you wrapped the Baker's Twine on each side. Super creative!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many thanks for entering the Crafty Hands Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super male card - love the LOTV image.
    Thanks for playing along with The Divas and SnS this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Andrea, What a great card! Lovely colouring, it's such a shame that he's run out of black paint! =P

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Name That Tune' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, I love the image and fabulous colours.
    Thank you for taking part in A Little Bit Crafty Challenge this month.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. great card!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash Challenge Blog!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks gorgeous, thanks so much for joinung us at Sketch N Stash with this lovely make! xxx, Ally

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow superb colouring and layout, absolutely stunning creation :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at
    Without Words Challenge I hope you will try to join us again next Month :)
    Have a lovely day
    Crafty hugs
    Bridget :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Great card for a man. Thank you for joining us at CAD for our challenge. See you on the next one

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.