Pages

Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Love Me Do

Good evening to you all and thanks for popping by.

Well my inspiration still keeps playing hide and seek but I have managed to put together a wedding heart, and as it's my first attempt I was quite pleased with the result.

I used Xcut nesting dies to cut out the heart shapes which I sandwiched together with a frilly lace edging and the image is a LOTV topper. The white roses are from the Hobby House, the pink flowers from Hobbycraft and tucked behind are Memory Box 'elegant scrollwork' and 'chloe stem' dies with a couple of little flower dies from Marianne Creatables LR0154 tag set. I added Stickles to the image and flowers and it looks super when the light catches it - unfortunately the sun had disappeared by the time I came to take the photos.

On the reverse I added a pink ribbon bow with a pearl brad. The smaller heart that you see hasn't been fixed yet so that I can add the wedding details or other sentiment at a later date.

So here it is - a bit photo heavy I'm afraid








 



I shall enter this in the following challenges

Lili Of The Valley challenge 'Name that tune'  (Love Me Do ~ The Beatles)
The Ribbon Girl challenge 'Hearts'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Anything goes + option shaped cards'
Pixies Snippets Playground challenge 'week 110 use snippets' (snippets of card for the die-cuts)
ABC challenge 'E for embellish'
Craft Room challenge 'Ribbons and lace'
My Craft Creations challenge 'Anything goes'
Lothian Crafts challenge 'Love using your dies'
Feeling Crafty challenge 'Dies and/or punches'
The Hobby House challenge 'Anything goes'


26 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Whatever bride receives that is going to be lucky. Thank you for joining us at My Craft Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! And so unusual. Thanks for joining in the challenge this month.
    Pamela
    DT member for Lothian Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation such a sweet image and beautifully put together
    Jacki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful heart for a beautiful bride. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. Love the frilly lace around the edge as well as everything else. Beautiful. Thanks for playing along at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kanda....a beautiful make with Ribbons And lace edging :-) perfect for our challenge theme at the Craft Room this fortnight
    TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Andrea, and whoever receives it will be a very lucky and grateful bride!
    So pretty!

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kanda this is gorgeous love the design the soft pretty edging and the gorgeous little image perfectly set off with those mentioned Hobby House Roses, thank you so much for joining us at the Hobby House challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Andrea. I love the design and all the pretty details
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Andrea, such a pretty design and lovely image and embellishments.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful bridal gift Andrea.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL keepsake, Miss kanda aka Andrea! So beautiful - and not too many photos at all! I love plenty of large detailed photos! Beautiful artwork. I am your newest google follower! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea, this is beautiful. It is truly outstanding. The image is so cute, and your coloring turns it into gorgeous. Hugs, Gail
    P.S. I'd like to drop you an e-mail, but don't see your e-mail address anywhere in your profile or on your blog. Can you please e-mail me? My e-mail is on my blog page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how lovely Andrea - really beautiful and sure to be treasured long after the big day!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful decoration, Kanda, I love the song you've chosen, it fits your project perfectly.

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Name That Tune' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic decoration! Love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Andrea, I just popped back to say thank you for letting me know about my win at Crafter's Companion.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi sweetie this is perfect, hugs Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, this is absolutely gorgeous, Kanda, and I like the way you've finished the back off nicely too xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are just the sweetest couple ever! And loving your design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Lothian Crafts Online and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card looks gorgeous! I love your colouring! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges and good luck.
    Hugs
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely gift, any bride would be thrilled with this.
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Kanda, what an amazing gift, it will be treasured forever, many thanks for joining us at Feeling Crafty this month, best of luck hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow absolutely beautiful and what a gorgeous gift. Thank you for joining in with us over at The Hobby House. Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful Wedding Heart - a special gift to treasure for sure...Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.