Pages

Friday, 21 February 2014

Dem Dry Bones

Sorry I've been MIA this week but those flu germs really got the better of me and on top of that I've had problems with my back again and so been unable to spend more than a few minutes at a time sitting over the computer. I'm beginning to move a bit better now so fingers crossed will be able to get round to visit you over the weekend.

Anyways I actually made a christmas card today and methinks I shall be mass producing this design. I had a digi insert from Cuddly Buddly printed off and lying in a box so when I was looking for some red designer paper it was crying to be used up. I know it isn't a christmassy one but I think it works perfectly with this LOTV topper. The sentiment is one I recycled from an old card and the gingham ribbon I used for the bow is from my stash. The great thing about this is that it looks 'layered' but is flat so will be perfect for posting.

L

I shall enter this in the following challenges
Lili of the Valley Monthly challenge 'Name that tune' (my 4th entry as it's such a great theme)  
the first song title that came to mind was 'Given the dog a bone' by AC/DC as they were the only words I knew of the song but on checking the lyrics I decided it best to stick to a more child friendly tune that also came to mind called 'Dem Dry Bones'
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge 'Christmas love'
The Ribbon Girl challenge 'Colour challenge - Red'
Winter Wonderland challenge 'The most wonderful time of the year'
Lexi's Creations challenge 'Monochromatic'
Sparkles Christmas challenge 'Anything goes christmas + blog hop'

Thanks for popping by and I hope you all have a great weekend

10 comments:

  1. Wow, I love red and white cards. Yours is a true beauty. Love the graphic, very sweet. Your bow is a perfect match...Thanks for entering the Sparkles Christmas Challenge. Sending wishes for great luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea,
    I'm sorry to hear you've been poorly, I hope you are back to full health very soon.

    Another gorgeous card. The beautiful red and white colour combo and the layout and ribbon all go together to create a perfect Christmas card.

    Big hugs
    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous,loving the image,gorgeous card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 164 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for February - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous card Andrea, such an adorable image and the red gingham papers are perfect.
    I hope your are feeling better and your back is OK now.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kanda, this is so sweet! I love the red and white color combo and that Cuddly Buddy is just precious. Your gingham bow finishes it off beautifully! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this month.

    Amy~DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. a beautiful Christmas card, thank you for joining us and preparing for that Special Time of Year
    hugs Kate xx
    Winter Wonderland DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Andrea. Love the image and colours.
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and love that adorable dog! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Andrea, I just popped back to say thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Winter Wonderland this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.