Pages

Thursday, 16 January 2014

Vintage / Distressed / Shabby Chic at the PCJ challenge


Time for our first challenge of the year over at the Paper Crafting Journey and this fortnight we have two wonderful sponsors Digistamps4Joy and Digital Delights by Louby Loo. The theme for this challenge is vintage / distressed / shabby chic and I must admit not a style I feel confident with but hey it is a challenge and this is what I came up with.

We were given some fabulous images from DS4J to work with and the one I used is called 'Romany' which I coloured with Promarkers and chalk and layered onto a crochet mat from OneCraftyMama. The papers are My Minds Eye 'Lost & Found' and another that was from my scraps box so not sure where from. From my stash I added pearls and flowers and the die is Memory Box 'Chloe stem'. The sentiment is a leftover from a decoupage sheet and when I accidentally dropped it on the card I found out how strong the glue dots stuck and I mean STUCK, so that's why it's at an angle. I decided to leave it as it doesn't look too bad.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Crafting Musketeers challenge 'Grunge'
Lothian Crafts challenge 'Birthday for a female'
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge 'Cover your card with patterned paper'
My Craft Creations challenge 'Anything goes'
Moving Along With the Times challenge 'Girly cards'
Natalie and Amy challenge 'One for the girlies'

Thanks for popping by and I do hope you can join in with us at the PCJ challenge and show us your fabulous papercraft creations, but please remember to check the rules.

11 comments:

  1. A perfect card for a female and a beautiful colour scheme. Thanks so much for joining us at MAWTT. Hazel L. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,love the fab image and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card Andrea, I love your beautiful image and pretty papers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card and if you hadn't mentioned it I'd have thought you'd intended the sentiment to be that angle 'cos it looks great!
    Thanks for joining in the challenge this month.
    Pamela
    DT member for Lothian Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning sweetie, I love your gorgeous creation, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, thank you for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers this month, Fran (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card with a really lovely image. Thanks for joining us at My Craft Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for Crafting Musketeers 'grunge' challenge, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for January with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Lothian Crafts Online and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!
    Great colors and design!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.