Pages

Monday, 27 January 2014

Black and White... Just for a change

Inspiration has been sadly lacking since christmas so I decided to try something a bit different today - well different for me anyway - a black and white  card. Normally I would avoid this colour combo like the plague as I always associate it with condolence cards but I'm really pleased I gave it a go and I feel quite happy with what I've done.

I went for a small card and used a digi stamp from A Day For Daisies called 'fall fairy friend'. I left the stamp uncoloured and cut it out with a Marianne Creatables LR0154 tag die. The paper is from the Paper Cellar and the butterflies are Cheery Lynn dies. The thin black ribbon is cut off from a blouse - it's one of those on the inside shoulder that are supposed to wrap around the coathanger to stop it falling off, but I always cut them off as they are perfect for cards.

By the time I came to take the photo the light was not great and the card does look better in real life


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Bow dies'
Crafty Catz challenge 'Monochrome'
Winter Wonderland challenge 'Butterflies'
The Ribbon Girl challenge 'Anything goes'
Through the Purple Haze challenge 'A digi and a die'
Pixies Snippets Playground 'week 109 use snippets' (snippets of ribbon and card - butterflies)
Card Mania challenge 'Angels and/or fairies'
Crafty Cardmakers and More challenge 'Black and white'
Craftyhands challenge 'Put a tag on it'
Feeling Crafty challenge 'Butterflies'

Thanks for popping by and I hope you all have a lovely evening.

25 comments:

  1. Lovely card and thanks for sharing it on the Playground

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful,love the image and papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super card, I love the layout and monochrome look.

    Thank you for joining in with the Feeling Crafty challenge this month and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stunning. I likey. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful classy card in black and white!! It's just so stunning to look at! Thanks for sharing your use of those ribbon ties that come on blouses and sweaters. I will never throw one away again! That is a great tip. Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges! Good luck!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous and love your butterfly use thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate
    ps I have some new release candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely monochrome card Andrea! It doesn't look too sombre either, the fairy and butterflies really do the trick.

    I have the same tag die and keep forgetting to use it. That's what I love about the Playground, catching up on commenting here I've been reminded to use that tag die, to use another round one I have and to weave ribbon through the holes - AND to dig out the long-neglected crimper :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Andrea, love the B/W and image.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Andrea :-) I love the black and white combo, very striking and fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous card Andrea, I love your image and lovely design - the black and white works perfectly.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty image, and it looks fabulous against your elegant black and white design background

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely design! Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous monochrome card Andrea. I love the way you've used the tag die
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! how stunning. B&W is one of my favorite's! Your card is just gorgeous.
    Hus,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fantastic! Love the way you combined stamp, patterns and embellishments... Great job!

    Thank you for playing with us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Thank you so much for playing along at Card Mania! Good luck! Ani

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome card, i love black and white especially when its so clearly stamped...its beautiful..

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, this is beautiful, and elegant too! Such a sweet image.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card, I like the die cuts you used and the digi image is really cute.
    I save the shoulder ribbons from my new clothes too!!
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad your creative juices took you there, Andrea! I think black and white are elegant and this one certainly is. It's totally stylish with the beautiful bookend butterflies!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, this card is ace.

    Becka DT CraftyHandys Challenge xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is beautiful. I love the image that you have used. The black and white is so simple and elegant x Thanks for Joining us at TTPH Challenges Becky - DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card! Love the design. Thanks for entering our challenge at Through the Purple Haze. Hope to see more of your creations in future challenges.


    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is really beautiful! I'm really glad your inspiration came back. Your monochrome colour scheme gives a real impact.

    Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

    Lucy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so glad that you decided to give my challenge a try with your fabulous creation.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.