Pages

Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Christmas Wall Hanger

Only a week to go and it will be THAT day again and I hope you're more organised than me. I've been feeling poorly the last few days and spent most of my time curled up in a blanket on the settee so not a lot has got done. This year the mince pies will be from M & S (much to hubbys relief) and probably the yule log too, so just the shortbread for me to make.

I am trying to make at least one snippet creation each week and this is a wall hanging made using leftover bits of card. I cut a circle of white card and then made it into a wreath using Marianne Craftable CR1216 garland die. I roughly cut some card for the snowy ground and used Marianne Creatable LR0136 for the trees. The image is a LOTV topper which I cut out (discontinued - but now available in the art pads) and I attached them all with sticky pads to give some depth. I used blue chalk for the sky and added Stickles to make the snow glisten. Finally I finished off with holly and ponsettia made with Tattered Lace and Memory Box dies and a bit of ribbon.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Lili of the Valley challenge 'Anything but a card'
Pixies Snippets Playground challenge 'Week 103 snippets'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Last christmas'
Creative Inspirations challenge 'Anything goes'
Bearly Mine challenge 'Anything goes'
Sparkles Monthly challenge 'Anything but a card'
Ladybug Crafts challenge 'Christmas / winter'
Christmas at Sweet Stampin' challenge 'Let itt snow'
My Craft Creations challenge 'Anything goes'
Crafty Calender challenge 'Cold and frosty'

That's it from me today so thanks for dropping by and I shall be round to catch up with you all later.

16 comments:

  1. Andrea, this is so, so pretty! LOVE it - right down to the die cut trees which works so well behind the image.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous,love the design and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Andrea, I love the white background with the splashes of colour.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stuning Andrea, I am also a big fan of Marianne dies.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations and all the best for the festive season! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Andrea. I love the image and fabulous design.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea this is gorgeous the WOW factor super image and gorgeous frosty white all perfectly presented on this decoration
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Andrea . . . this is divine. Love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Festive Wall Hanger. Lovely festive colours. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a fan of red and white, especially at Christmas, this creation really appeals to me. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your wall hanger! It's so pretty with all the white die cuts. You done a very good job with combining stamp and dies to a pretty scene!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning creation, thank you for sharing at BMC.
    Hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Andrea,

    Such a beautiful decoration!

    I love the way you've made the wreath around the edge and the red gives it a lovely splash of colour!

    Thanks for joining our LOTV 'Anything But a Card' Challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card - love the white on white background.

    Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Calendar Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous......love all your die cuts!
    Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles Challenges this time & good luck!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.