Pages

Thursday, 7 November 2013

Toasting Marshmallows

Hello all, I'm running a bit late today as I've been out at my Dad's. My aunt and cousin came for a visit and we had a lovely time especially when my dad and aunt were recounting tales of their childhood in the 1920's (they are both in their 90's)

Anyway, onto my DT card for the challenge over at Paper Crafting Journey. This fortnight we are sponsored by 'The Paper Shelter' who are offering the lucky winner a $20 gift certificate so just think of all the goodies you can buy with that. The theme for this challenge is 'Case A Card' and I know that may put some of you off, but when you think about it most of us gain inspiration from all those fantastic cards out there. Just remember to include a link to the card you have cased.

I picked a card made by Merkkari one of the DT at The Paper Shelter.  She has lots of wonderful cards to see, so why not drop by her blog Korttimmari to take a look. You can see the card I cased here and this is my take on it.


This is what I used ~
Image -  The Paper Shelter 'Marshmallow for a christmas elf'
Papers -  Milton & Co christmas (a magazine freebie)
Dies -  QuicKutz nesting frame 14
       Die-namics Picket fence
                                               Marianne Creatables LR0136 tree,  LR0111 swirl
From my stash - Pearls and snowflake charm (all from the Hobby House) and ribbon


I shall enter this in the following challenges
The Hobby House challenge 'Pearls'
Lothian Crafts challenge 'Must use Marianne Design dies'
The Crafty Bloggers Network challenge 'Christmas'
The Paper Shelter challenge 'Winter fun'
Crafty Little Fairies challenge 'Christmas in November'
Penny's Paper Crafty challenge 'Lots of layers'
Divas By Design challenge 'Use a digi'
Bearly Mine challenge 'Anything goes'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Anything goes + option christmas' (my 2nd entry)
Allsorts challenge 'Christmas cheer' (my 3rd entry)
Whimsy Stamps challenge 'Anything goes' (my 2nd entry)
A Little Bit Crafty challenge 'Sparkle and shine' (my 2nd entry)

Thanks for dropping by and I do hope you will join in the fun with us at the Paper Craftting Journey,

18 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous Kanda, but then I do love your cards, super image and love the dies and papers and the ribbon and of course that HH snowflake charm, okay I love everything, thanks for joining us at the Hobby House and for mentioning the HH product
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous such a lovely image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this image and you've backed it up with very nice embellishments. That fence, flourish, ribbon/bow and trees all came together beautifully. Enjoy your day. Glad you got to spend time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card! I love this image and the papers and embellishments you used are wonderful with the image! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge and hope to see you again soon! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Andrea. the image looks fabulous and I love the design and spotty paper.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card, Andrea, with so many pretty details. I love it!

    Thank you for entering our challenge at Crafty Little Fairies, and good luck in the draw. We would also love you to join us again in future challenges.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love marshmallows so how could I not like this card LOL! It's really pretty and I like your use of dies to create the background scene. Thanks for joining in the challenge this month.
    Pamela
    DT member for Lothian Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Andrea, love the image and layout.
    Hope you have a fabulous weekend.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card, Kanda! Love the extremely cute image & your fabulous layout!
    Thank you for joining us at the Hobby House Challenge and Good Luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely card Andrea, such a sweet image and pretty papers.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty card. I really like your design and the image of course is super. Thanks for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER this week. Please join us again next time. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Lothian Crafts Online and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, your colouring is fabulous!
    Thanks for playing along at Diva's this week and good luck with the challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card - love the way you've put it together.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card. Great layout
    Thanks for joining in this month at The Crafty Bloggers Network
    Hugs katie X

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a lovely Christmas card! Thanks for joining in with Crafty Little Fairies this week.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Thank you for joining us at A Little Bit Crafty his month. Jacqui

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.