Pages

Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Santas' Visit

Good morning to you and thanks for popping by again, your visits are most welcome.

I think this is turning into a christmas card blog as that is all I seem to be making at the moment - I'm just glad I started earlier this year.

I've used one of the Joanna Sheen Giordano 'Father Christmas and Friends' decoupage sheets  which I was lucky to buy when they were on offer at half price and an absolute bargain. I know decoupage can be a bit time consuming and fiddly but it is worth it as the image really comes to life with all the layers (just a pity you can't see it in this photo).

I wanted to keep this snowy and wintery looking so no designer papers. Instead I used one of the fabulous Die'sire Embossalicious embossing folders. I am starting to build up a collection of these folders in different sizes and this one is the 8"x8" Grande Dots.

The sentiment is one of the LOTV christmas grungy messages and I used Tattered Lace 'christmas florals' die for the holly (coloured with Promarkers) and poinsettia and Memory box 'fabulous phlox' for the foliage (cut from gold mirri-card). The small flowers, ribbon and pearls are all from my stash.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Creative Inspirations challenge 'Bingo' (I went for pearls / white / flowers)
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Anything goes + option christmas'
A Little Bit Crafty challenge 'Sparkle and shine'
The Corrosive challenge 'Tic-Tac-Toe' (I went for flowers / sentiment / layers)
Scrapping4fun challenge 'Holiday or Christmas'
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge 'Bling it up'
Allsorts challenge 'Christmas cheer' (my 2nd entry)
Totally Gorjuss challenge 'Anything goes with snow' (my 2nd entry)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenge 'Ribbon' (my 3rd entry)
Christmas Cards All Year Round challenge 'Winter snow / snowflakes' (my 2nd entry)
Crafters Companion challenge 'Christmas / winter'

21 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Andrea, such a gorgeous decoupage and image and your embossed background is perfect.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decoupage? What a brillaint idea, and what a lovely card it has made too. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply stunning a gorgeous image and fabulous layout
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Andrea. the decoupaged image looks fabulous.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous card and image Kanda. thanks for joining in our challenge at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable decoupage image, and a lovely card. Love the holly and flowers, and the white embossed background is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and a lovely decoupage image. Love the embossing at the background!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 149 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Andrea.
    This is my idea of the perfect Christmas card, with a traditional image but a modern feel.
    I love the embossing and the decoupage...you have more patience than I do, cutting out all those fiddly bits!!

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks also for sharing this for CCAYR 'winter wonderland' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card! Love the image and the embellishments. Great job.

    Please join me for a chance to win FREE candy on my blog if you haven’t already joined. Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. As it’s something I don’t like doing will admit to this being a copy and paste comment because I am unable to type properly at the moment, but didn't want to miss the opportunity to take a look at your lovely Christmas creation and thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous, I love the colours too, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Andrea, love the image, layout and design.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thsi is so beautiful!! Love the flowers, the poinsettias, the holly! Beautiful image!! Love it!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ps... There is a DT Call over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG....... Talk about a masterpiece! I enlarged your card to take a closer look and I am floored at how gorgeous it is! Your coloring is absolutely amazing! Wow!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Andrea. Love that jolly Santa and of course all the lovely little animals. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous festive card Andrea. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Christmas Cheer challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fab card, I love that image so gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at A Little Bit Crafty this month, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fabulous festive creation. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafter's Companion Monthly Challenge.
    Laine - DT
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.