Pages

Saturday, 12 October 2013

Christmas for a Man

Hi to you all and I hope you're having a good weekend. I think I may be pulling my hair out by this time tomorrow if I can't get this stupid laptop working properly. My photoshop program started doing weird and silly things yesterday so after trying unsuccessfully to reinstall the software I wiped the hard drive clean. Now I've got to put all my programs back on and maybe replace some really outdated ones.

Anyways I decided to have a bit of a break from computers and made this card using my new IndigoBlu stamp called 'Frosted baubles'. I used Memento Brilliance pearlescent ivy to ink it up and kept the design very CAS. The die is Memory Box 'Big Splash Border' and the ribbon is from my stash. To finish it off I added a gold peel-off sentiment stuck onto an oval which I attached with sticky pads to add a bit of depth. You'll have to excuse the photo quality but it's been so dark here all day.






I shall enter this in the following challenges ~
Christmas At Sweet Stampin' challenge 'Cards for the men'
Through The Purple Haze challenge 'Indigo Blu and you know who'
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas challenge 'Make It Square'
Christmas Cards All Year Round challenge 'Getting ready for christmas' (the christmas decorations)
Bearly Mine challenge 'Ribbon / string / twine'
The Crafty Bloggers challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)
Stampin' For The Weekend challenge 'Anything Goes'
Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'Use a rubber or clear stamp' (my 2nd entry)

Thanks for popping by and I hope to get back to you soon, after I teach this laptop how to behave !!

20 comments:

  1. Delicate, elegant and just lovely.
    Thanks for joining us again at TTPH

    Fiona DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous,love the fab image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Beautiful I love it Thanks for joining us again at TTPH

    Jacqui DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Andrea. I love the stamped background and pretty die cuts.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Andrea. Love the minimal colours.
    Thanks for joining us this week @ TTPH.
    Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card and i love the baubles....one of my favourite of their stamps! And lovely CAS card gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at TTPHC this week. Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea! Love your card! It is simple but elegant and that stamp is awesome!! Love the die cut too! Thanks for sharing with us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges this week! Hope to see you next week, also!

    Darcy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and elegant Christmas card! Love that image! It's great!! Thanks for sharing with us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!!

    Darcy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dark here today too. Lovely card, I like your combination with the stamp and die. Good luck with the computer, they can be very temperamental. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous Andrea, a lovely design and colour scheme.............your image is beautiful and fabulous details!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. Love the border punch you used. It's so delicate and beautfully done in white on white. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Cards All year Round.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely Andrea, your bauble stamp and fabulous die cut are so pretty.
    Good luck with the laptop.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card .Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network with our anything goes challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful - so very elegant. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Bloggers Network.

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning Christmas card!!!so elegant!! thanks for joining us at Bearlymine Challenges
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the white with the touch of green - very attractive. Thanks for sharing for CCAYR 'getting ready for Christmas' - thanks too for entering my CHNC challenge 146 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. You could also enter this into the Crafting Musketeers challenge 6: Christmas in October - would love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for adding for Crafting Musketers 'Christmas in October', Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what an elegant card! That stamp is beautiful. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stunning card! I love the white and gold, very beautiful! So glad you joined us for our Getting Ready for Christmas Challenge at CCAY!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing at CaSS this month.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.