Pages

Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Check This Box

Good morning to you all and I hope you survived the awful weather we had at the weekend. I'm full of the dreaded bugs so only a quick post from me today then I'm back off to snuggle up in a blanket.

I've never made an exploding box before so that was my little project at the weekend and again I went for a christmas theme. The papers are some of last years Raspberry Road Designs 'Christmas collection' and the sentiment is one of the LOTV christmas grungy messages. I used Memory Box Lindeman Snowflake die with some pearls from my stash and the poinsettia is Tattered Lace Christmas Florals with the foliage die from Memory Box Fabulous Phlox. The foliage was cut from silver mirricard and I experimented by using some glossy photo card for the flower which I coloured with Promarkers and fastened with a tiny brad. I couldn't decide what to do in the centre but after a rummage I found this old cake decoration of a skating Santa which I thought worked quite well and I used the centre die of Marianne Creatables LR0180 for his 'skating rink'. Finally I added a snowflake charm from my stash.








I shall enter this in the following challenges
Winter Wonderland challenge 'Check this out'
Polkadoodles challenge 'Anything but a card'
Oldie But A Goodie challenge 'Charming' (papers and santa are over 6 months old)
Craftyhands challenge 'Anything goes'

Thanks for visiting today and I hope you'll drop by again.







12 comments:

  1. Beautiful,lovely papers and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this exploding box! And the cuta santa inside is a great touch! Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Andrea, I love your papers and brilliant skating Santa.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous exploding box Andrea. Love it!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely box and a nice project. Thank you for joining the Winter Wonderland Check It Out challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a super little box,these are such fun to make and can be full of little surpises.
    Thank you for playing along in our very first challenge over at CraftyHands...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a gorgeous creation so special and lovely check thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super box Kanda, thanks for playing along with us @ MAWTT this week.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just the cutest thing EVER!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how CUTE! I just love that adorable Santa in the middle!!! So cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creation , thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this fortnight and good luck !

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea with surprise Xmas box. Love design.
    Many thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie` “Charming (use charms)” Challenge and we hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.