Pages

Saturday, 5 October 2013

A Very Sweet Sugar Nellie

Good morning to you all and I hope you're enjoying your weekend.

Today I want to start by saying a massive 'Thankyou' to all of you fabulous crafters out there who give me so much inspiration as it's only down to you that I've made this card. Let me explain.... at one time I would have been very nervous about putting spots and stripes together and as for daring to colour an animal, well no chance there. When I had finished this card I realised just how much I have learnt and how much you wonderful bloggers have helped and inspired me and also those of you who host challenges have dared me to try new things.

So here is the card I made using an adorable Sugar Nellie stamp called 'Sweet Success'. Now if you read their web page I think they have the description wrong as I'm pretty sure it should read 'and girls', don't you? Now this is the first time I have coloured a hedgie, which I did with Promarkers and added Sakura glaze pen on the fruit. I used QuicKutz Nesting Frame 8 to cut out and layer the image and the papers are Dovecraft 'Back to Basics III'. The flowers are from my stash with a Memory Box 'Chloe Stem' die tucked behind them and some card candi on the flower centres. The ribbon and brad are also from my stash and the sentiment was free with a magazine some time ago.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
The Sugar Bowl challenge 'Anything Sugar Nellie Goes'
Sketchy Colors challenge 'Sketch'
Passion For Promarkers challenge 'Lots of Legs'
Crafty Little Fairies challenge 'Bows N Brads'
Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'We're Going Dotty'
Moving Along With The Times challenge 'Anything Goes'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)
Cards Galore challenge 'Flowers'
Live & Love Crafts challenge 'Pink'
Hanna and Friends challenge 'Best Friends'

Thanks for dropping by today and I hope you can take the time to leave me a coment as I love reading them all.



14 comments:

  1. So glad you found us at our new home! Gorgeous card showing off those bows n brads, thanks for playing at Crafty Little Fairies this week. Hugs Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's a cute image and lovely layout
    Hugs Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,love the design...fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just about as precious as one can get. I love it. Wonderful coloring and your papers and embellishments are just so. I know what you mean about mixing up dots, stripes, plaids. I never would have thought of that if it were not for all the gorgeous cards I've seen throughout the past few years on all the great blogs I follow. We have all come a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sugar nellie stamps and this one looks fabulous. I love the colours, and the spots and stripes too.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isnt she cutie!?So lovely card:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popping back to thank you for sharing your brilliant card with us at crafty little fairies
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Andrea, such a cute image and pretty pastel colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cute!!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Sketchy Colors. Good luck!!
    Hugs, Wenche :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Andrea,
    What a fab card. I love the cute image & the pastel colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous, love the pretty coloyrs. Thanks for playing at PTW and CLF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome project!!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us at PTW and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, so pretty & the image is adorable.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow! so cute!!
    Thanks for joining us at The Sugar Bowl this time. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Lis x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.