Pages

Monday, 2 September 2013

Goodbye Summer

Well it's not quite goodbye summer just yet as we're still getting some really nice warm and sunny days in the UK, but this is the theme at Mo Manning DP2 challenge.

At first I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this theme and I knew it definitely wasn't going to be anything to do with the rain (ugh) so when I saw this super Mo Manning scarecrow I decided I was going to do something just for fun. I made up a little poem - an amateur effort I know, but I'm no poet laureate - and printed it on the same sheet as the scarecrow. I used blue chalks to colour the sky and then I printed another 4 scarecrows which I coloured with Promarkers and cut out to decoupage him. I added some flowers from my stash and penned in some 'sunflower stalks' and then finished it off with a Die-namics fence die and a Memory Box spring border die. I then stuck this to a cheap wooden plaque and this is my 'goodbye' to summer. I'm pleased with how it turned out and even my hubby likes the scarecrow.




I shall enter this in the following challenges
Mo manning DP2 challenge 'Goodbye Summer'
Totally Gorjuss challenge 'Texture'
Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)
Bearly Mine challenge 'Digi Days' (my 2nd entry)
Lothian Crafts Online challenge 'Anything Goes must use dies'
Oozak challenge 'Anything Goes / Die-cuts / Punches'

Thanks for dropping by and for all your lovely comments. 


14 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey don't put yourself down - that's a good poem. I love your idea of a plaque! Thanks for joining in with the challenge.
    Pamela
    DT member for Lothian Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card and I love your poem. I've been at York Maze today and got drenched by scarcrows with hosepipes!!!!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this the colours the image just fabulous
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant Andrea, I love your fun scarecrow and your poem is fabulous.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Lothian Crafts Online.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous wall hanging, super cute scarecrow.
    Thanks for joining us for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab! Great wall hanging
    Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love this! Thanks for joining us at Lothian Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really cute creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Lothian Crafts.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love that cute scarecrow. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice fall card! Keep up the great job! Thank you for joining us for the Oozak Challenge!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love you verse, it's absolutely perfect for the theme of your card, and your image is coloured beautifully

    Thanks for joining us with your clever creation

    Lin xx
    Lothian Crafts Online

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the decoupage you did to the image, it looks wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at the Oozak challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.