Pages

Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Festive Cuties

Godd Morning to you all - and what a lovely morning it is. The sun is shining, the washing is hanging on the line, postie has been and bought me the fabulous LOTV christmas stamps I won in the last LOTV challenge (thank you so much Lisa and Laila , can't wait to get them inked up) and I just got an email from Hobbycraft to say the dies I ordered have arrived. All in all I guess this is going to be a pretty busy day so I'd better get on with this post.

I'm not a great 'kraft' person but I've come to realise that teamed up with the right image and colours it can look fabulous so I'm begining to experiment a bit. I embossed some white card with a Die'sire 'holiday holly' embossing folder and layered it onto a kraft base card. The image is a LOTV die-cut (still working my way through the great pile I have) which I also layered onto some kraft card and attached with sticky pads. The ribbon and snowflake charm are from my stash and I made the sentiments with some scraps of card and gold peel-offs. Quite a simple CAS style, not the traditional christmas colours but I really like the result.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Lili's Little Fairies challenge 'No Flowers'
The Ribbon Girl challenge 'Include Numbers'
Winter Wonderland challenge 'How Charming'
LOTV challenge 'Ribbon and Lace'
Sketch N Stash challenge 'Sketch' (New embossing folder and old stash is snowflake charm & ribbon)
Sparkles Christmas challenge 'Non Traditional Colours'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Anything Goes + option of christmas' (my 2nd entry)
Bearly Mine challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)
Creative Inspirations challenge 'Favourite Colour Combo' (kraft & white - definitely my new fav colour combo)
Crafty Cardmakers challenge 'Snow and ice'

Right I'm off now to pick up these 'Tattered Lace' dies and do a bit of shopping. Thanks for popping by and I'll catch up with you all later.

19 comments:

  1. Love this gorgeous card,fabulous image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card and love the image, with the addition of the lovely charm just perfect for our challenge at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love the cute image and pretty embossed background
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kanda; the image looks perfect teamed with the white and Kraft. I never used to be a big fan of Kraft either but I love it now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute image and wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable Andrea, such a sweet image and fabulous embossed background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how very sweet this is! Love the pretty image and beautifully embossed background! Thanks for your sweet comment, take care, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI sweetie this is just gorgeous hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must have a lovely stash of Christmas cards now Kanda. This one is gorgeous. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is amazing, so simple but so very effective. I just love the image it's very cute. Thank you for joining us at BMD. Good Luck xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card... love the topper... LOTV are just so adorable aint they??? hehehe

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... good luck :)

    hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabby card, love the cutie image :)Thank you for joining us at BearlyMine Challenges this time. Good Luck. Jackie DT. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this on the LOTV monthly Challenge. This has a lovely simplicity to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of my favourite LOTV images, and it looks perfect here. I'm not a great fan of Kraft either, but it looks fabulous the way you have used it.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin xx
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card. Love the kitty image and it's beautifully embellished. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful - love the embossed background and sweet image.

    Thanks for joining my 'Christmas Snow and Ice' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Andrea,

    Such a gorgeous card! Very CAS but so effective! I love the embossed BG.

    So glad you're so happy about winning the stamps! =)

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Ribbon and Lace' challenge.

    Good luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty. Love the clean look and the embossing. Thanks for playing with us over at CCM this time. A new challenge will be up later on today.
    Love n hugs
    Marie, dt CCM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.