Pages

Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Christmas Playtime

The weather certainly has changed and the summer clothes have been swapped for more warmer attire. Next thing you know christmas will be here - which brings me on to my card for today.

I've used this darling image from Mo Manning called 'Little Elf Finn' which I coloured with Promarkers. You can also get 'The Elves' as toppers from The Hobby House. I paper pieced the bauble with some card embossed with a Die'sire Holiday Holly folder and to give it a bit of dimension I 'padded' it with kitchen towel, then carefully cut under the legs and tucked the 'bauble' under them before sticking in place. Then I added Stickles to the fur on the image and the up-raised parts on the embossed bauble. The papers are Bearly Mine Designs and Kaisercraft and the sentiment is LOTV. I made the poinsettias using Tatterd Lace christmas florals die and coloured them with Promarkers and the white swirly die underneath is Marianne Creatables LR0157. The tiny red gems in the centre of the flowers and the berries on the image are from The Hobby House as are the pearls, and the pearl spray and bow are from my stash.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Mo Manning DP2 challenge 'Anything Goes w/a Mo image'
The Hobby House challenge 'Our Hobby House Artists'
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT challenge 'Winter Wonderland - christmas cards'
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Childs Play'
Simon Says Monday challenge 'Embossed'
Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'Emboss It'
Totally Gorjuss challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge 'Layer It Up' (my 2nd entry)

Thanks for taking the time to drop by - I really do appreciate it and I love reading your comments.

13 comments:

  1. Very cute, love this image, thanks for playing at PTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hun this is so sweet, love the colours used and the texture on the bauble, great image choice and artist and such a lovely card, thank you so much for joining us at the Hobby House Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kanda :-) I love this image every time I see it and I LOVE the embossed bauble ! what a brilliant idea :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and design. You have coloured the image beautifully and the papers are gorgeous. Love the poinsettias which add wonderful dimension. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fab image on this gorgeous card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card, thanks for joining in the fun at Papertake Weekly,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I love the cute image and beautiful detailing.
    Thank you for taking part in the Papertake Weekly Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable, Andrea! I love the papers and the layout! Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Andrea, such an adorable image and I love your colour choices.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 141 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September. You could also share this lovely card for The Glory of Christmas challenge 15: 'anything goes' - I'd love to see it there too, Hazel, Glory of Christmas DT. Hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I love how you have added the texture to the bauble:) Thanks for joining us at The Hobby House, Good Luck!
    hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute and i love the bauble
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderfully sweet image and I love the embossed snowball. Thanks for playing along with the Emboss It Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.