Pages

Saturday, 14 September 2013

Anniversary Poppies

Well I'm back with another card today and this is one I made for a few challenges and also to try something a bit different. This is only the second time I've inked this IndigoBlu 'Blazing Poppies' stamp and I decided to try using a grey inkpad instead of black. I've never used grey for stamping before but I will definitely be doing it again as I do love the softness it gives to the image. I used Promarkers to colour the image and the papers are from my scraps box so not sure who they're from. The card candi, peel-off corner and ribbon are all from my stash. It looks much softer in real life than it does in the photo.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
IndigoBlu challenge 'Shabby Chic'
Penny Black and More challenge 'Sketch and/or Autumn Colours' (I went for the sketch)
Stamping Sensations challenge 'Poppies'
Stempelgarten challenge 'Floral Greetings'
Vintage Stamping challenge 'Anything From Your Garden'
Without Words challenge 'Happy Anniversary'
Sketchy Colours challenge 'Yellow / Apricot / White'
Divas By Design challenge 'Weddings / Anniversaries'

Thanks for dropping by and I shall be around to catch up with you soon gremlins permitting !!
Hope you enjoy your weekend - I'm off now to attempt to colour up a cut little hedgehog.



19 comments:

  1. Oh your card is so beautiful... you're right... the grey image is really great... works so well with the soft colour of the flowers and the background paper! Thanks for joining us at SG-Challenge!
    ;-) Alex H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card with a lovely image!
    Thank you for joining Sketchy Colors this week, and lots of luck.
    Hugs, Marianne:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love poppies and these look gorgeous. A fabulous card.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice of colours and papers. I like to use grey to stamp as well but I don't do it very often. FAB card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful elegant card.
    Thanks for playing along at with The Divas this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your idea to stamp with grey works really well Kanda and has given a lovely soft feel to your really pretty card.

    Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello again Kanda, I totally forgot to also thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me yet again Kanda, I totally missed that you had also shared with this us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenge, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a very pretty card, great to see a different take on our poppies theme. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful and elegant card Kanda. I love the soft look to it and am glad you used the sketch for inspiration.
    Thank you for entering our September challenge at Penny Black and More and we hope you will join us again soon.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a pretty card Andrea, such a gorgeous image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Andrea, love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So elegant, love it!

    Clare
    IndigoBlu DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty, love the soft colours. Thanks for joining in with the Forever 21 Challenge ..... good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, the delicate colours are so pretty.
    Thank you for joining the Autumnal colours/sketch over at Penny Black & More and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a Fabulous poppy creation
    thanks for joining us a Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow superb colouring and layout, fabulous image,

    Thank you so much for joining us at
    Without Words Challenge I hope you will try to join us again next Month :)
    Have a lovely day
    Crafty hugs
    Bridget :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.