Pages

Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Sailing Away

Hi to you all and a special hello to my followers. Sorry I haven't been around to visit you the last few days but I just seem to be chasing around and getting nowhere fast. I really don't know where the time is going and I reckon someone keeps pinching the days and hiding them from me !!

It seems like yesterday that the new Joanna Sheen challenge started and I started digging out all my cds and with a day to spare I've actually got this card made. This image is from the Faye Whittaker Collection cd and I think the little boy is just so adorable - maybe wondering if his boat would disappear if he put it in the sea or how long he will have to wait until he can be a sailor.
The paper is from Pebbles Inc and I used a hammered effect base card. From my stash I added some card candi, a silver peel-off sentiment and the banner is a Memory Box die. Then I made a little boat to finish it off.


I shall enter this in the following challenges
Joanna Sheen challenge 'Boys Will Be Boys'
Creative Inspirations challenge 'Something Old, Something New' (old cd, new die)
Simon Says Wednesday challenge 'Triangles' (banner and boat sails)
Papertake Weekly challenge 'Anything Goes'
Cute Card Thursday challenge 'Anything Goes' (my 2nd entry)
Creative Card Crew challenge 'Banner /Pennant'
The Squirrel and the Fox challenge 'Nautical / Sea Life'
The CD Sunday challenge 'Transportation'

Well that's it from me tonight - I'm off now to put my feet up and watch a movie. I'll be back tomorrow with my DT card for the new PCJ challenge.

18 comments:

  1. This is lovely and I like the die cut bunting. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a particularly lovely image from this great CD and I love your little boat.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol x
    Cd Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card,love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue background it really sets of the image so well. Thanks for joining in with my challenge on cd sunday.
    Linbyx
    GDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Kanda. A sweet image and a great layout to compliment it.
    Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card. The image is delightful and I love the layout and fabulous detailing.
    Thank you for taking part in the Joanna Sheen Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card hunni

    Love All Our Yesterdays.

    Sweet boat embellishment.

    Had to laugh about your missing days!!!! Think they have been stealing mine to lol

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful creation. Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Andrea. I love the Faye Whittaker images and this one looks fabulous.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Andrea and a fabulous CD to use too, love the embellishments they finish it off nicely, thanks for joining us this week at Cd Sunday
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely classic sailor boy card. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gogeous card Kanda, I've used this image many times myself. Thanks for joining in at CD Sunday this week.

    Sue T x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulous card Andrea, I love your great image and rich blue.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. You did make me wonder what that sweet little boy is thinking? How fun!

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. Love the bunting & the little boat embellishment. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore this card, the image is so beautiful, a super construction too. Thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card, love the cute image, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh what a lovely card, sweet image and love the banner and the cute boat.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message. I do appreciate it and love reading them all. If by chance you get an undelivered message please ignore it as I DO GET YOUR COMMENTS and think it may just be hotmail and outlook doing silly things.